adv in a firm way 坚实地; 结实地; 坚固地; 稳固地; 坚定地; 稳定地
*The fence posts were fixed firmly in the ground. 栅栏的立柱牢牢地固定在地上.
* The business was soon firmly established in the town. 该商店不久即在城里稳固地建立起来.
* The suggestion was politely but firmly rejected by the chairman. 主席婉言而果断地回绝了该建议.
1. The mower firmly refused to mow, so I decided to dismantle it. 这架割草机硬是不肯割草，所以我决定把它拆开，
2. The mower firmly refused to mow, so I decided to dismantle it. 修完后割草机还是纹丝不动。于是，我决定把它拆开。
3. He held his son´s hand firmly to be sure that boy did not bow either. 他紧握儿子的手, 以确保孩子也不鞠躬.
4. His hero was firmly rooted in both the history and the mythology of the vanished frontier. 他扮演的角色建立于西部历史和消失了的新垦地的神话之中.
5. His roots and mine had become too firmly embedded in the new land. 因为他与我一样已经把根深深地扎在异国的土地上。
6. He made clear the United States view on the assault across the Channel, which he said had been a firmly fixed view for many months past. 他阐明了美国关于通过英吉利海峡进行攻击的观点，说这一观点是他们过去几个月一直牢牢树立的一个观点。
7. And his hero was firmly rooted in his memories and experiences, 他塑造的英雄人物深深地扎根于他本人的记忆和经历之中，
8. Despite her success, Engelbreit's feet are planted firmly on the ground. 尽管获得了成功，恩格尔布赖特依然脚踏实地。
9. A crowd of people gathered round him and a lady rubbed his arm with soap and butter, but George was firmly stuck. 这时在他周围上了许多人，一位女士在乔治胳膊上抹了肥皂，黄油，但乔治的胳膊仍然卡得紧紧的。
10. As we were walking past a shop, he held a diamond firmly against the window and made a deep impression in the glass. 我们路过一家商店时，他将一颗钻石使劲地往橱窗上一按，在玻璃上留下一道深痕。