vt.使固定,装置,修理,准备,安装,凝视,整理,牢记 vi.固定,注视,决定,选定,确定 n.困境,方位,贿赂
名词:fixer 动词过去式:fixed 过去分词:fixed 现在分词:fixing 第三人称单数:fixes 形容词:fixable
1 [Tn.pr] fasten (sth) firmly to sth 将（某物）固定到另一物上; 安装
*fix a shelf to the wall 把架子装在墙上
* fix a post in the ground 把杆子固定在地上
* (fig 比喻) fix the blame on sb 把过错推诿给某人
* fix sb's name in one's mind, ie make great efforts to remember it 牢记某人的名字.
2 [Tn.pr] ~ sth on sb/sth direct (esp one's eyes) on sb/sth with steady attention 全神贯注于、（尤指）凝视某人[某物]
*Her eyes were fixed on the gun. 她紧盯着那枝枪.
* fix one's thoughts/attention on what one is doing 全神贯注地工作.
3 [Tn] decide (sth) definitely; set or determine 决定（某事物）; 确定
*The time for our meeting has been fixed already. 我们开会的时间已经确定了.
* We will fix the rent at
100 a week. 我们要把租金定为每周100英镑.
4 [Tn] repair or mend (sth) 修理（某物）
*My watch has stopped it needs fixing. 我的表停了--需要修理了.
5 [Tn] put (sth) in order; adjust 整理（某事物）; 调整
*Let me fix my hair (ie brush and comb it) and I'll be ready. 我梳梳头, 马上就好.
6 [Tn, Tn.p] ~ sth (up) arrange sth 安排某事物
*I'll fix (up) a meeting. 我来安排会议.
* I could fix it up with Geoffrey. 我可以和杰弗里商量一下, 把这事安排好.
7 [Tn] find out (the exact nature, position, time, etc of sth) 确定（某事物的真正性质、位置、时间等）.
8 [Tn, Dn.n, Dn.pr] ~ sth (for sb)(esp US) provide or prepare (esp food) 供给或准备（尤指食物）
*He's just fixing a snack. 他在准备一点小吃.
* Can I fix you a drink? 我给你弄点饮料好吗?
* Let me fix supper for you. 我去给你准备晚饭.
9 [Tn] treat (photographic film, dyed fabric, etc) with a chemical so that the colours do not change or fade （用化学药品）使（摄影底片、染过的织物等的颜色）固定不变, 定影.
10 [Tn esp passive 尤用于被动语态] (infml 口) influence the result or actions of (sth), by unfair or illegal means 作弊
*I knew the race was fixed. 我知道这次比赛有鬼.
* The jury/judge had been fixed. 有人操纵了陪审团[法官].
11 [Tn] (infml 口) punish or kill (esp sb who has harmed one); get even with 惩罚或杀死（尤指伤害过自己的人）; 报复
*I'll fix him so that he never bothers you again. 我来收拾他, 叫他再也不能打扰你.
12 [I, Tn] (sl 俚) inject oneself with (a narcotic drug) 给自己注射（毒品）.
13 (phr v) fix on sb/sth decide to have sb/sth; choose 决定要某人[某事物]; 选定; 确定
*They've fixed on Ashby as the new chairman. 他们决定让阿什比做新的主席.
* Have you fixed on a date for the wedding?你们举行婚礼的日期确定了吗? fix sth up repair, redecorate, or adapt sth 修理、重新装饰或改装某物
*He fixed up the cottage before they moved in. 他把农舍修整好, 他们才搬进去. fix sb up (with sth) (infml 口) arrange for sb to have sth; provide sb with sth 为某人安排某事物; 向某人提供某事物
*I'll fix you up with a place to stay. 我来给你安排住处.
* She's got herself fixed up with a cosy flat. 她弄到了一套舒适的公寓. fix sb with sth (fml 文) direct one's gaze, attention, etc at sb 凝视某人; 注视某人
*He fixed her with an angry stare. 他怒目注视着她.
1 [C usu sing 通常作单数] (infml 口) awkward or difficult situation 尴尬的境地; 窘况; 困境
*be in/get oneself into a fix 处于[使自己陷入]尴尬的境地.
(a) action of finding the position of a ship, an aircraft, etc by taking measurements with a compass, etc （用罗盘对船只、飞行器等的）方位测定.
(b) position found by these means 测出的方位.
3 [sing] (infml 口) thing arranged dishonestly 不光明正大的安排; 搞鬼; 勾当
*Her promotion was a fix, I'm sure. 我敢肯定她的提升有鬼.
4 [C] (sl 俚) injection of a narcotic drug, eg heroin 注射麻醉品（如海洛因）
*get oneself a fix 给自己注射毒品.
1. They instruct you to greet them with "power handshakes" and tell you to fix your eyes on the other person. 他们会教你以 "有力的握手"问候他人，并且告诉你要用双眼注视对方。
2. A.You go home, fix a strong drink, try to relax and forget about it. a.你回家，倒一杯烈酒，想放松一下并把这件事忘掉。
3. Some wives tend to believe that their husbands are infinitely resourceful and can fix anything. 妻子常常认为她们的丈夫无比聪明能干。
4. Six times she tried to reach the opposite wall to fix her thread, and six times she failed. 它六次试图把吐出的丝接到对面的墙上，六次都失败了。
5. Jane: I´d better fix my make-up,too. May I use your cream and lipstick? 珍妮:我最好也补补妆, 我可以用你的面霜和口红吗?
6. Come tonight and we´ll fix things for you. 今天晚上来，我们给你安排一下。
7. I would not hear of the suggestion and said that I would fix it myself. 我不愿听妻子的建议，说我自己会修。