动词过去式:flashed 过去分词:flashed 现在分词:flashing 第三人称单数:flashes
(a) sudden bright burst of light or flame 闪光; 闪烁
*a flash of lightning 一道闪电.
(b) (fig 比喻) sudden show of wit, understanding, etc （机智等的）显露; 恍然大悟
*a flash of inspiration, intuition, etc 灵机一动、直觉的感触.
2 [C] = news flash (news).
3 [C, U] device or system that produces a brief bright light for taking photographs indoors or in poor light 闪光灯
*This camera has a built-in flash. 这架照相机有内置闪光灯.
* I'll need flash for this shot; the light isn't good enough. 我拍这张照片需用闪光灯, 这里光线不好.
4 [C] coloured stripe or patch of cloth worn as an emblem on a military uniform, eg on the shoulder （佩于军服上的）徽章（如肩章）.
5 [C usu sing 通常作单数] (infml 口) brief showing of the sexual organs, esp by men; indecent exposure 瞬间展露性器官（尤指男子）; 猥亵性暴露.
6 [attrib 作定语] (infml derog 口, 贬) expensive-looking, showy and usu not in good taste 花哨的; 炫耀的
*a flash sports car 花里胡哨的跑车.
7 (idm 习语) a ,flash in the `pan sudden brilliant success that lasts only a short time and is not repeated 昙花一现
*His first novel was a flash in the pan, and he hasn't written anything decent since. 他的第一部小说如昙花一现, 此後他再没写出像样的东西. in a/like a `flash very quickly; at once; immediately 很快; 立刻; 立即
*I'll be back in a flash. 我马上就回来. quick as a flash => quick.
1 (a) [I] give or send out a brief bright light 发出闪光
*Lightning flashed during the storm. 暴风雨中闪电大作.
* A lighthouse was flashing in the distance. 灯塔在远处发出闪烁的光.
* (fig 比喻) His eyes flashed angrily. 他的眼睛怒火闪闪.
(b) [Tn, Tn.pr] cause (sth) to shine briefly or suddenly 使（某物）短暂地或突然地发光
*flash a torch in sb's eyes/at sb 用手电筒照某人的眼睛[照某人].
2 [Tn, Tn.pr]
(a) communicate with a light 用光联络
*flash a signal (to sb) with one's car headlights 用汽车前灯（给某人）发信号.
(b) send or reflect (sth) like a flash 如闪光般发出或反映出（某物）
*Her eyes flashed anger and defiance (at everyone). 她（看着大家,）眼中闪现着愤怒与轻蔑的神情.
3 [Tn] send (sth) by radio, television, etc （通过无线电、电视等）传送（某事物）
*flash a message on the screen 在屏幕上映出一信息.
4 [Tn, Tn.p] show or display (sth) briefly 短暂地显示或出示（某事物）
*flash an identification card 出示一下身分证
* (derog 贬) He's flashing his money around, ie to try to gain the admiration of others. 他到处显示自己有钱.
5 [I] (infml 口) (esp of a man) show one's sexual organs briefly and indecently （尤指男子）猥亵性瞬间展露性器官.
6 (phr v) flash along, by, past, through, etc move very quickly in the specified direction 急速向某方向运动
*The train flashed by at high speed. 火车疾驶而过.
* (fig 比喻) An idea flashed into her mind. 她突然闪出一个念头. flash back (of one's thoughts) return to an earlier time （指某人的思想）回溯, 回顾, 回忆
*My mind flashed back to our previous meeting. 我又想起了我们上次会面时的情景.
1. A flash of lightning hit the tree. 雷电打在树上。
2. Anyone tiring of American or fake European culture can reach the Louvre art museum by express railway in less than an hour — from Minnie Mouse to Mona Lisa in a flash. 任何人厌倦了那里的美式或仿冒的欧式文化了，就可乘快速列车，不到一小时就可到达罗浮宫，一瞬间就从米尼老鼠身边来到了蒙娜·丽莎面前。
3. You think about a problem until you're tired, forget it, maybe sleep on it, and then flash! 你对某一个问题思考了很久，直至感到疲劳、把它忘掉了，也许暂时不去想它了，可后来却忽然来了灵感！