n.缺点,裂纹,瑕疵,一阵狂风 vt.使破裂,使有缺陷,使无效 vi.生裂缝,变的有缺陷
形容词:flawy 动词过去式:flawed 过去分词:flawed 现在分词:flawing 第三人称单数:flaws
1 crack or fault (in an object or in material); imperfection （物体或材料的）裂纹或缺陷, 瑕疵
*This vase would be perfect but for a few small flaws in its base. 这花瓶底部没有那几个小斑点就十全十美了.
2 mistake that lessens the effectiveness or validity of sth 错误; 缺点
*an argument full of flaws 错误百出的论点
* a flaw in a contract 合同中的一个漏洞.
3 weak part in sb's character （某人性格上的）缺陷
*Pride was the greatest flaw in his personality. 傲慢是他品格上的最大缺陷.
v [Tn usu passive 通常用于被动语态] cause (sth) to have a flaw 使（某事物）有缺陷
*His reasoning can't be flawed. 他的推理无懈可击.
* a flawed masterpiece, ie a work of art that is very great despite its minor faults 有瑕疵的杰作.
Perhaps from Old Norse
flaga 'flat stone'
a mistake, mark, or weakness that makes something imperfect
= defectflaw in a flaw in the softwareserious/major/basic/minor etc flaw a slight flaw in the glass A design flaw (=a mistake or weakness in the way something was made) caused the engine to explode.
a mistake or problem in an argument, plan, set of ideas etcflaw of Beautiful scenery does not make up for the flaws of this film.flaw in There is a fundamental flaw in Walton's argument.fatal flaw
(=a weakness that makes something certain to fail)
a fault in someone's character Jealousy is Othello's major flaw. the former President's character flaws
1. But there was a flaw in Ross´s experiment. 但是罗斯的实验有一个缺陷。
2. This immense chasm has been formed by an underground stream which has tunnelled a course through a flaw in the rocks. 这个深邃的洞穴是由一条地下暗泉冲刷岩石中的缝隙并使之慢慢变大而形成的。
3. I can´t find a flaw in his argument. 在他的论点中, 我找不到任何破绽。