n.雾,烟雾,尘雾,迷惑,苔藓 vi.被雾笼罩,变模糊 vt.使困惑,以雾笼罩
名词:fogger 动词过去式:fogged 过去分词:fogged 现在分词:fogging 第三人称单数:fogs
/fɒg; [US] fɔ:g; fɔˇ/
1 (a) [U] thick cloud of tiny drops of water close to or just above land or sea; thick mist 雾
*Dense fog is covering roads in the north and visibility is very poor. 浓雾笼罩了北部的公路, 能见度很低.
* Patches of fog will clear by mid-morning. 早晨一过局部地区的雾气就能消散.
(b) [C] instance or period of this 雾; 有雾时
*We get heavy fogs on this coast in winter. 这里的海边冬季有浓雾. =>Usage 见所附用法.
2 [C, U] (area of) cloudiness on a photographic negative, etc, making the image unclear （摄影底片等上的）灰雾.
3 (idm 习语) in a fog puzzled and confused 困惑; 迷惑
*I'm in a complete fog about computer technology I don't understand it at all. 我对计算机技术如堕五里雾中--完全不懂.
1 [I, Ip, Tn, Tn.p] cover (sth) or become covered with fog 雾气笼罩（某物）; 有雾气
*The windscreen has fogged (over/up). 挡风玻璃让雾气遮住了.
* Steam has fogged the bathroom mirror. 水蒸气把浴室里的镜子遮住了.
2 (a) [Tn] cause cloudiness on (a photographic negative, etc) 使（摄影底片等上）产生灰雾
*Shut the door or the light will fog the film. 把门关上, 不然亮光能使底片发灰.
(b) [I] (of a photographic negative, etc) become cloudy （指摄影底片等）变灰.3 [Tn] puzzle or confuse (sb) 使（某人）迷惑或困惑:I'm a bit fogged by these instructions. 这些说明把我搞得有些糊涂了.
4 [Tn] obscure or confuse (sth being discussed) 使（正在讨论的事物）变模糊或混淆不清
*complicated language that just fogs the real issues 把实质问题弄得模糊不清的复杂的语言.
NOTE ON USAGE 用法
*Fog, mist and haze are all clouds of water vapour at ground level and above. *fog、mist、haze均为地面及地面以上的水蒸气. They indicate different degrees of thickness 这几个词表示的浓度有所不同
*fog is the thickest and haze the least thick. *fog最浓, haze最薄. Haze also occurs when it is very hot *haze在天气炎热时也会出现
*a heat-haze 热天的薄雾. Smog is an unhealthy mixture of smoke and fog in the air of some industrial cities. *smog是在一些工业城市的空气中烟与雾的混合物, 是有害于健康的.
1. The fog is heavy. 雾很大.
2. The fog disrupted airline schedules. 这场大雾扰乱了航空公司的时刻表.
3. After a second crew was assigned, the ship was again lost in a fog bank. 他又派去了一组船员，之后这船又在大雾中迷失了方向。
4. If no accidents occur on the way, like punctured tyres, diversions of traffic, sudden descent of fog, they will be on time. 要是路上没有发生如爆胎、改道、突然起雾等意外事故，他们决不会迟到。