名词:forecaster 形容词:forecastable 动词过去式:forecast/forecasted 过去分词:forecast/forecasted 现在分词:forecasting 第三人称单数:forecasts
/'fɔ:kɑ:st; [US] -kæst; fɔr`kæst/
v (pt, pp forecast or forecasted) [Tn, Tf, Tw] tell in advance (what is expected to happen); predict with the help of information 预报; 预测
*forecast a fall in unemployment 预测失业人数下降
* forecast that it will rain tomorrow 预报明天有雨
* forecast what the outcome of the election will be 预测选举结果.
n statement that predicts sth with the help of information 预测
*forecasts of higher profits 利润将增加的预测
* According to the (weather) forecast it will be sunny tomorrow. （天气）预报说明天天晴.
* The forecast said there would be sunny intervals and showers. 预报说晴间阵雨.
1. The weather forecast says there will be rain. 天气预报说要下雨。
2. In both Japan and China, people have long believed that earthquakes can be forecast. 在日本和中国，人们长期以来一直相信地震是可以预测的。