n.全部,完整 adj.充满的,完全的,丰富的,完美的,详尽的,丰满的 adv.完全地,整整,十分 vt.把衣服缝得宽大
名词:fullness 形容词比较级:fuller 最高级:fullest 动词过去式:fulled 过去分词:fulled 现在分词:fulling 第三人称单数:fulls
adj (-er, -est)
1 ~ (of sth/sb)
(a) holding or containing as much or as many as possible; completely filled 满的; 饱含的; 充满的
*drawers full to overflowing 抽屉满得装不进东西
* My cup is full. 我的杯子是满的.
* The bin needs emptying; it's full of rubbish. 垃圾箱该倒了, 垃圾都满了.
* The theatre is full, I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the next show. 剧院已客满, 很抱歉你只能等下一场了. =>Usage at empty1 用法见empty1.
(b) having or containing much or many; crowded 充足的; 丰富的; 挤满的
*a lake full of fish 有很多鱼的湖
* a room full of people 挤满人的房间
* She's full of vitality. 她充满活力.
2 ~ of sth completely occupied in thinking about sth 头脑里充满某想法的; 只想着某事物的
*She was full of the news, ie could not stop herself talking about it. 她满脑子都是那消息.
3 ~ (up) having had enough to eat and drink 吃饱喝足
*No more thank you, I'm full up. 不添了, 谢谢, 我已经吃饱喝足了.
4 [attrib 作定语]
(a) complete; plentiful 全面的; 完整的; 详尽的; 充分的
*give full information, details, instructions, etc 提供完整的资料、详尽的细节、全面的指导等.
(b) complete; reaching specified or usual limits 完全的; 十足的; 达到（指定的或通常的）限度的
*The roses are in full bloom. 玫瑰花正在盛开.
* I had to wait a full hour for the bus. 我等公共汽车足足等了一小时.
* He got full marks (ie the highest marks possible) for his essay. 他的文章得了满分.
* Her dress was a full three inches above the knee. 她的连衣裙下摆离膝盖整整三英寸.
5 [usu attrib 通常作定语] plump; rounded 丰满的; 圆的
*a full figure 胖体形
* rather full in the face 脸很胖.
6 (of clothes) fitting loosely or made with plenty of material （指衣服）宽松的, 肥大的
*a full skirt 肥大的裙子
* Please make this coat a little fuller across the back. 请把这件大衣的後身放宽些.
7 (of a tone or voice) deep and mellow （指音调或嗓音）深沉圆润的.
8 (idm 习语) at full `stretch to the limit of one's ability 达到个人能力的限度; 竭尽全力
*working at full stretch 竭尽全力地工作. at half/full cock => cock2. come full `circle return to the starting point after a series of events, experiences, etc （事情、经历等）绕一圈回到原处. come to a full `stop stop completely 停住
*The car came to a full stop at the traffic lights. 汽车在交通信号灯处停住了. draw onself up to one's full height => draw2. the first/full flush of youth, etc => flush1. (at) full `blast at maximum power, activity, etc 以最大的力量、活力等
*going, talking, shouting full blast 疾步行走、高声谈话、大声疾呼
* An orchestra playing at full blast is a tremendous sound. 管弦乐队全力演奏声音大得惊人. full of `beans/`life having a lot of energy and vitality 精力旺盛. full of the joys of spring lively and light-hearted 活泼愉快. (at) full length with the body stretched out and flat 全身伸直
*lying full length on the sofa 全身伸直躺在沙发上. `full of oneself (derog 贬) selfish and conceited 自私自利; 自以为是
*You're very full of yourself today, I must say. 你今天太自以为是了, 我不得不说出来. full of one's own im`portance (derog 贬) thinking that one is very important 自负; 自高自大. (at) full `pelt/`tilt/`speed with great speed or force 以极高的速度或极大的力量
*He drove full tilt intothe lamppost. 他车开得飞快, 撞上了路灯柱. full speed/steam ahead (proceeding) with as much speed and vigour as possible 全速前进; 竭尽全力. give full/short measure => measure. give sb/sth full play give sb/sth complete freedom of action or expression 使某人[某事物]充分表现或发挥. have one's hands full => hand1. in full completely; with nothing omitted 全部地; 全面地; 无省略地; 无遗漏地
*publish a report in full 全文发表一份报告
* write one's name in full, eg John Henry Smith, not J H Smith 写全名（如写作John Henry Smith, 不作J.H. Smith）. in full `cry (of a pack of hunting hounds) barking together noisily as they chase their prey （指一群猎犬）追赶猎物时齐声狂吠
*(fig 比喻) The pop group raced for their car, pursued by fans in full cry. 流行歌手朝着他们的汽车跑去, 後面跟着一群狂呼乱叫的歌迷. in full play fully operating or active 正在进行中; 正起劲. in full sail (of a ship) with all the sails spread or set （指船）张满帆. in full `swing fully active 正起劲; 正活跃
*The party was in full swing when we arrived. 我们到达时恰值聚会的高潮. in full `view (of sb/sth) completely visible 全都看得见的
*He performed the trick in full view of the whole audience. 他在全体观众都看得见的情况下变魔术. to the `full to the greatest possible extent 达到尽可能大的程度; 充分地
*enjoy life to the full 尽情享受人生的乐趣.
1 exactly; directly 精确地; 直接地
*John hit him full in the face. 约翰一下正打在他的脸上.
2 very 很; 非常
*as you know full well 正如你十分了解的.
1. Everything around him was full of her presence, continually reopening the wound. 他身边的一切都是母亲的影子不断勾起他的伤感。
2. Even then there was a full house. 即使在那时也是满座。
3. But the copy he gave him had not been written out in full as usual. 但这回狱卒给贵族的信没有像往常那样把全文写全，
4. But nowadays even, it is not uncommon for a person to be brought back with heart massage (按摩) perhaps a full hour or more after he's "dead." 但是在今天，一个人在“死亡”整整一小时或更长时间以后，还能靠心脏按摩起死回生，这已不是什么稀罕事了。
5. Before I knew it, though, I slipped into the nanny position almost full time. 然而不知不觉中，我几乎当起了全职保姆。
6. Before being allowed to leave the police for medical reasons, they lost between them 12,000 days on sick leave: the equivalent of 50 police officers off the street for a full year. 在因健康原因而获准退休前，他们共请病假12,000日，相当于50名警员休假一年。
7. full to bursting from yet another home-cooked South Indian dinner. 又是一顿自家做的南印度风味晚饭，把我们都撑坏了。
8. Was the dentist´s clinic full of people. 牙医诊所是否挤满了人?
9. We discussed the matter at full length. 我们详细地讨论了这件事。
10. We put a full stop at the end of a sentence. 我们在句的末尾加一个句号。