n narrow piece of cloth (worn esp by female dancers) that covers the sexual organs and is held up by a string round the hips G字带（遮挡阴部的窄布条, 用绳系于臀部, 尤指女舞蹈演员用的）.
[Date: 1800-1900; Origin: Perhaps from G string 'fourth string on a violin', perhaps influenced by gee]
a very small piece of underwear that covers only the sexual organs
1. Expand your world. Many discoveries in science, engineering and the arts mix ideas from different fields. Consider "The Two-String Problem." 拓展你的视野。许多理工和人文科学方面的发现都融合了不同领域中的思想。以"两绳问题"为例。
2. By the time Ben was tired out, Tom had traded the next chance to Billy Fisher for a kite in good repair; and when he played out, Johnny Miller bought in for a dead rat and a string to swing it with; and so on, and so on, hour after hour. 等到本累垮了，汤姆早已把粉刷权转让给比利·费希尔，换来一只完好的风筝。比利·费希尔干不下去了，约翰尼·米勒把粉刷权买了下来，代价是一只死耗子，和一条甩着玩的绳子。于是买主一个接着一个地来了，时间也一小时又一小时地过去了。
3. Bits of broken glass, lengths of string, a key to a door long since decayed away, a rusty knife-blade, old shoes saved for a road that never was and never will be, a nail bent under the weight of things too heavy for any nail, a dried flower or two s 碎玻璃块；小线头儿；一扇早已朽败的门上的钥匙；一把锈蚀的刀；一双为某条从来没有、将来也不会有的路而准备的旧鞋；一颗弯折的钉，它所承受过的重量足以弄折任何钉子；一两支干花，仍散发出几许花香。
4. With the hand held high in the air, hold the string so that the weight nearly touches the ground. 把手高高举在空中握住绳子，让重物几乎接触地面。
5. The string is wound round a cardboard cylinder. 线缠绕在纸筒上.
6. The monk wears a string of beads. 和尚挂着一串念珠。
7. Tie a heavy weight at the end of a long piece of string. 把一个重物拴在一根长绳子的一端，
8. He jerked the string and the puppet jumped. 他把线猛地一拉, 木偶就跳动了。
9. All these he fixed together with glue , string , wax and many wires. 他用胶水、细线、洋蜡和许多电线把这些东西安装在一起。
10. Among these I would list string and brown paper, 这些东西中我想举出线绳和包装纸为例。