1. By way of contrast oil can be transported large distance by pipeline. 不同的是, 石油可以用输油管远距离输送.
2. But, in contrast, it is only in modern times that Galileo has become a problem child for historians of science. 但是相比之下，对于科学史家来说，伽利略只是在现代才变成了一个新的难题。
3. A run-down watch is still a watch and can be rewound. An old watch, by contrast, becomes so worn and unreliable that it eventually is not worth mending. 手表停了依然是只手表，还可以重上好发条。然而一只老掉牙的手表，磨损太厉害，老得一点儿不准了，最终不值得修理了。
4. As a contrast, we may consider a famous story: the discovery by Henri Poincare, the great French mathematician, of a new mathematical method called the Fuchsian functions. 与之相对的是另一件众人皆知的事情：那就是法国伟大的数学家亨利·庞加莱发现被称为富克斯函数的数学新方法的故事。
5. "In contrast, the animals that exercised inside the automatic wheel possessed a greater density of blood vessels in the brain than did either of the other two groups of animals." "相比之下，在自动轮中跑动的老鼠，较之其他两组的老鼠，其大脑的血管密度更大。"
6. At the least, it explains the greater job stability in Japan, in contrast to the great job mobility in America. 至少，它说明了美国的工作流动性大和相比而言日本的工作稳定性极高的原因。
7. According to one psychological expert, when men gain a little gray hair, their appeal often increases because, for them, age implies power, success, wealth, and position. 据一位心理学专家说，男人头发有点花白通常增添了他们的魅力，因为对他们而言，年龄意味着权力、成功、财富及地位。
8. Mr. Hubert Bond, M.P., arrived early the next afternoon in his shiny luxurious car, which made the place look all the more shabby in contrast. 第二天下午，休伯特·邦德议员坐着他那辆闪闪发亮的豪华轿车来了，相形之下，这个地方更显得破烂不堪。
9. Camping sites, by contrast, are highly cosmopolitan. 而露营驻地则相反，是高度世界性的。
10. Camping sites, by contrast, are highly cosmopolitan. 而露营驻地则相反，是高度世界性的。