gener＝to produce（制造；生产），race（种族） 变化型 gen，gent
1 real; truly what it is said to be; not fake or artificial 真的; 名副其实的; 非伪造的; 非人工的
*a genuine Rubens, ie a painting definitely by Rubens himself, not by an imitator 鲁宾斯的亲笔画
* a genuine pearl 一颗天然珍珠.
2 (fig 比喻) sincere; honest 真诚的; 诚实的
*She seems genuine but can I trust her? 她似乎很诚实, 但我可以信赖她吗?
1500-1600; Language: Latin;Origin:
genuinus 'born, genuine'
a genuine feeling, desire etc is one that you really feel, not one you pretend to feel
= sinceregenuine interest/concern/desire etc The reforms are motivated by a genuine concern for the disabled. a genuine fear of invasion 'Did he really?' Her surprise seemed genuine.
something genuine really is what it seems to be
= real We need laws that will protect genuine refugees. The strap is genuine leather.
someone who is genuine is honest and friendly and you feel you can trust them
≠ false She is the most genuine person I've ever met.the genuine articlea)informal
a person or thing that is a true example of their type If you want to meet a real Southerner, Jake is the genuine article.b)
something that is real and is not a copy intended to deceive people Some fake designer clothes are so good that people have no idea they're not buying the genuine article.>genuinelyadv The boy seemed genuinely interested.>genuinenessn[U]
1. Be honest and open about who you really are. People who lack genuine core values rely on external factors — their looks or status — in order to feel good about themselves. 要诚实坦白地表现真正的自我。缺乏实实在在内涵的人会去依靠外部因素——如长相或地位——来保持良好的自我感觉。
2. The ring is genuine gold. 这戒指是真金的。
3. To the extent that it is genuine, my caring is not possessive, nor does it hold the other person back. 真正的爱不是占有，也不是束缚。
4. There is general agreement that genuine biological differences exist between individuals; geniuses need to be lucky in both their genes and their parents. 人们普遍认为，个体之间存在着生理差异，要成为天才必须幸运地既拥有天才的基因，又拥有能造就天才的父母。
5. Now, all there was left with him was a desire to be permitted to exist, with now and then a little breath of genuine life, such as he was breathing now. 而现在他只求能生存，只是偶尔才体验到一丝真正的生活的气息，就像此刻。
6. He can distinguish a genuine antique from a reproduction. 他能区别真正的古董与赝品。
7. A child hears it spoken from morning till night and, what is more important, always in its genuine form, with the right pronunciation, right intonation, right use of words and right structure. 孩子从早到晚都在听人们说这种语言，而且总是以其真实的形式，并且是正确的发音、正确的语调、正确的用词和正确的结构。
8. I examined one of the pens closely. It certainly looked genuine. 我细细地看了一支。看上去，钢笔确实是真货。
9. Is it made of genuine leather? 它是真皮做的吗?
10. It certainly looked genuine. 那看上去确实不假，