动词过去式:glided 过去分词:glided 现在分词:gliding 第三人称单数:glides
v [I, Ipr, Ip]
1 move along smoothly and continuously 滑行; 滑动; 滑翔
*So graceful was the ballerina that she just seemed to glide. 那芭蕾舞女演员翩跹起舞, 宛如滑翔.
* skiers gliding across the snow 穿越雪地滑行的滑雪人
* a snake gliding along the ground 在地上蜿蜒滑行的蛇
* Silently the boat glided past. 那船悄然滑行而过.
* She glided by unnoticed. 她悄悄地溜过.
* (fig 比喻) The days just glided by. 时光悄悄地流逝.
2 fly without engine power (either in a glider or in an aeroplane with engine failure) （滑翔机或飞机发动机有故障时）滑行, 滑翔
*The pilot managed to glide down to a safe landing. 驾驶员设法使飞机滑行下降安全着陆.
(a) [sing] gliding movement 滑行; 滑动; 滑翔
*the graceful glide of a skater 滑冰者优美的滑行动作.
(b) [C] (phonetics 语音) gradual change of a speech sound made by moving (esp) the tongue from one position to another 音渡; 过渡音
*a palatal glide 颚音的音渡.