名词复数:glories 动词过去式:gloried 过去分词:gloried 现在分词:glorying 第三人称单数:glories
1 [U] high fame and honour won by great achievements 光荣; 荣誉
*glory won on the field of battle 战场上赢得的荣誉
* a proud father basking in his son's reflected glory, ie sharing the fame achieved by his son 因儿子的荣耀其父感到骄傲
* Our team didn't exactly cover itself with glory today, eg was heavily defeated. 我队今天未能真正载誉而归（如遭惨败）.
* The regiment's motto was `Death or Glory'. 该团队的座右铭是｀誓死争取荣誉＇.
2 [U] (Bible 圣经) worship, adoration and thanksgiving 崇敬; 赞美; 赞颂; 感恩
*`Glory to God in the highest.' 在至高之处荣耀归与神｀愿荣耀归于至高之处的上帝.＇
3 [U] beauty; splendour 美丽; 壮丽
*the glory of a sunset, a summer's day, etc 美丽的日落、夏日等
* the countryside in all its glory 气象万千的郊野.
4 [C, U] special cause for pride, respect or honour 产生骄傲、崇敬或荣耀的原因
*One of the glories of the British heritage is the right to a fair trial. 英国人引以自豪的传统之一是有获得公正审判的权利.
5 (idm 习语) go to `glory (dated euph 旧, 婉) die 死; 上天堂; 归天. cover oneself with glory => cover1.
v [Ipr] ~ in sth (approv or derog 褒或贬) take (too much) pleasure or pride in sth 对某事物（过份）得意; 因某事物而自豪
*glory in one's freedom, success, etc 为自己的自由、成功等而骄傲
* military leaders who seem to glory in slaughter 彷佛以杀戮为荣的军事领导人.
1. The path to glory is always rugged. 通向光荣的道路常常是崎岖的。
2. The glory of burning passion may well have faded, and your love for your wife or husband may not be as exciting or satisfying as it once was, but going off in search of another love will not help your children. 激情的光焰可能早已减退，对妻子或丈夫的爱也许不及当初那般令人兴奋、那般美满，但转而寻求新的爱情不会对孩子有好处。
3. No one on earth ever had a greater chance for glory. 世界上再没有什么人有过比此更大的争取荣耀的机会了。
4. He was desirous of glory. 他渴望得到荣誉。
5. His invention brought him glory. 他的发明给他带来了荣誉。
6. Madame Loisel walked to the mirror, so as to take a final look at herself in all her glory. 路瓦栽夫人走到镜子前，最后再看一眼美丽的自己。