1. But if you wait while I leave the room for a while, you can have two pieces of candy when I get back. 但是如果你们等一会儿，等我从外面回来，你们就可以吃两块糖。
2. When the researcher returns, he gives these children their hard-earned pieces of candy. 研究人员回来之后，把这些孩子经过努力赢得的糖果给了他们。
3. The little-baskets were emply and the ground was covered with pieces of paper. 废物筐空空如也, 而地上全是纸片.
4. The tiger rent its prey to pieces. 老虎把猎物撕成碎块.
5. The objects on display were pieces of moving sculpture. 展品都是些活动的雕像。
6. They feared that the mummy would fall to pieces when they cut it open, but fortunately this has not happened. 他们曾担心在把木乃伊切开后，它会散成碎片，但幸运得很，这种情况并未发生。
7. The following year, it was taken to pieces and sent to America. 第二年，它被拆成若干小块，运到美国。
8. Then, between two pieces of bread. 然后又将其夹在两片面包中间出售。
9. They liked to hear me "speak pieces" and sing and wanted to see me dance, and gave me generously of their small silver for doing these things, which seemed strange to me for I wanted to do them so much that I needed bribing to stop. 他们喜欢听我"说几句"，听我唱歌，想看我跳舞，并为此大方地给我小银币。这倒使我感到奇怪，因为我太愿意跟他们"说上几句"，为他们唱歌跳舞了，得给我钱才能使我停下来。
10. The children who as four-year-olds had been able to wait for the two pieces of candy were, as teenagers, still able to delay pleasure in pursuing their goals. 那些四岁时能够等到两块糖的孩子们，到了十几岁时仍能够为了他们的目标而推迟某种乐趣。