/'grætɪtju:d; [US] -tu:d; `ˇrætə,tud/
n [U] ~ (to sb) (for sth) being grateful; thankfulness 感激; 感谢
*She felt eternal gratitude to him for saving her life. 她终生感激他的救命之恩.
* I owe you a debt of gratitude for what you've done. 对你所做的事, 我欠你一份人情债.
1400-1500; Language: French;Origin:Latin
gratitudo, from gratus; GRATEFUL
the feeling of being grateful
≠ ingratitude Tears of gratitude filled her eyes.gratitude to/towards She had a deep gratitude towards David, but she did not love him.gratitude for The committee expressed its gratitude for the contribution he had made.in gratitude for sth Will you let me take you out to dinner tomorrow in gratitude for what you've done?with gratitude She accepted his offer with gratitude.
→debt of gratitudeatdebt
1. But so far, the public has expressed its gratitude to the students in letters to the Press. 但是到目前为止，公众已写信给报社，向大学生表示了谢意。
2. But so far, the public has expressed its gratitude to the students in letters to the Press. 但到目前为止，公众已经向新闻界写信表达他们对学生们的感激之情了。
3. "I can't express my gratitude for his support." "对于他的支持，我无法表达自己的感激之情。"
4. Many thousands of prisoners remember with gratitude the Red Cross food parcels, the warm clothing, the books and the medical supplies that were sent to them. 成千上万的战俘现在仍感激红十字会曾为他们送去食品、御寒衣、书籍及药品。