n.领路人,导游者,向导,引导者,指南 vt.指导,支配,管理,带领,操纵 vi.任向导
名词:guider 动词过去式:guided 过去分词:guided 现在分词:guiding 第三人称单数:guides 形容词:guidable
/gaɪd; ˇaɪd/ n
1 person who shows others the way, esp a person employed to point out interesting sights on a journey or visit 向导; （尤指）导游
*I know the place well, so let me be your guide. 我熟悉那地方, 我来当你们的向导.
* The tour guide gave a running commentary from the front of the coach. 导游在旅游车的前部向游客作连续的现场解说.
* We engaged a guide to show us the way across the mountians. 我们雇了个向导带领我们翻山越岭.
2 thing that helps one form an opinion, make a calculation, etc 有助于形成意见、作出估计等的事物; 有指导意义的事物
*The essay needn't be too long; as a rough guide, you should write about three pages. 论文不必过长, 大致应写三页左右.
3 adviser; person or thing that directs or influences one's behaviour 指导者; 指导或影响个人行为的人或事
*His elder sister had been his guide, counsellor and friend. 他姐姐过去一直指导他, 给他出主意, 是他的朋友.
* Instinct is not always a good guide. 凭本能行事不一定都对.
4 ~ (to sth)
(a) (also `guidebook) book for travellers, tourists, etc with information about a place （旅行、游览等）指南
*a guide to Italy, to the British Museum, etc 意大利旅行指南、大英博物馆参观要览.
(b) book giving information about a subject 入门书
*a guide to French wines 法国酒类手册
* a gardening guide 园艺入门.
5 Guide = Girl Guide (girl).
1 [Tn, Tn.pr, Tn.p] ~sb (to...) (go with sb and) show the way (to a place) 引导; 指导; 领导
*If you haven't a compass, use the stars to guide you. 倘若没有指南针, 可利用星辰引路.
* I guided him to his chair. 我把他领到他的座位上去.
2 [Tn] direct (sb); influence 指导（某人）; 影响
*Be guided by your sense of what is right and just. 做事要有是非观念和正义感.
1. We were puzzled by the sudden disappearance of our guide. 我们向导的突然失踪使我们迷惑了。
2. Teachers should guide the students in their studies. 教师应当指导学生们的学习。
3. A guide led us through the maze of tunnels in the cave. 向导带领我们通过山洞里如迷宫般的隧道。
4. Vargas and our Indian guide joined me. But Al wasn´t up yet. I went to wake him up. 瓦格斯和我们的印第安人向导来(和我在一起)了. 但艾尔还没有起床。我走去叫醒他。
5. She is tourist guide of a travel bureau. 她是一家旅游社的导游。
6. She did not have to make them learn; she only had to answer their questions and to guide the discussion. 她没有向学生灌输，她只是回答学生的问题，引导讨论。
7. Five years ago, his beloved guide dog pulled him out of the path of a truck. Mr. Torres was not hurt. The dog was killed. 五年前，他钟爱的导盲犬把他从卡车前拉了出来，多里斯先生没有受伤，但狗却被撞死了。