名词:handiness 形容词比较级:handier 最高级:handiest
adj (-ier, -iest)
1 (of gadgets, etc) convenient to handle or use; useful （指小器具等）便于拿取的, 便于使用的, 有用的
*A good tool-box is a handy thing to have in the house. 家里有一个好的工具箱就方便多了.
2 [pred 作表语] conveniently placed for being reached or used 近便; 便当
*Our flat is very handy for the schools. 我们的住所离学校很近, 非常方便.
* Always keep a first-aid kit handy. 手边要经常有个急救箱.
3 [usu pred 通常作表语] clever with one's hands 手巧
*He's handy about the house. 他修理房子手很巧.
4 (idm 习语) ,come in `handy be useful some time or other 迟早有用
*My extra earnings came in very handy. 我的额外收入可备我不时之需.
* Don't throw that cardboard box away it may come in handy. 不要把那个纸盒丢掉--可能用得着.
It's quite a handy little tool.
It's very handy having a light above your desk.
Take your swimming trunks with you - they might come in handy (=be useful) .
informal near and easy to reach
I always keep my gun handy just in case.
Do you have a piece of paper handy ?
The house was in Drury Lane, very handy for the theatre.
good at using something, especially a tool
He's very handy with a screwdriver.
1. While many researchers in this relatively new field are glad to see emotional issues finally taken seriously, they fear that a notion as handy as EQ invites misuse. 尽管在这一较新的领域里很多研究人员对情感问题终于得到认真对待感到高兴，但他们也担心像情商这样一个方便的概念会被误用。
2. Keep a fire extinguisher handy. 手边备有灭火器。
3. I always have an extra shirt handy. 我手边总多备一件衬衣。