动词过去式:harmed 过去分词:harmed 现在分词:harming 第三人称单数:harms
1 [U] damage; injury 损害; 伤害
*He meant no harm, ie did not intend to hurt or upset anyone. 他并无恶意.
* A few late nights never did anyone any harm. 熬几个晚上对任何人绝无害处.
2 (idm 习语) ,come to `harm (usu negative 通常用于否定式) be injured physically, mentally or morally 身体上、精神上或道义上受到损害
*I'll go with her to make sure she comes to no harm. 我要和她同去以免她受到伤害. ,do more ,harm than `good have an effect which is more damaging than helpful 弊大于利
*If we interfere, it may do more harm than good. 倘若我们进行干预, 那可能弊多利少. out of harm's way in a safe place 在安全的地方
*Put that vase out of harm's way so the children can't break it. 把那只花瓶放在安全的地方, 免得孩子们打碎了. there is no harm in (sb's) doing sth/it does no harm (for sb) to do sth nothing is lost by doing sth (and some good may result from it) 做某事并无害处（反而可能带来某些好处）
*He may not be able to help but there's no harm in asking him. 他可能帮不了忙, 但是求他一下倒也无妨.
1 [Tn] cause harm to (sb/sth) 损害或伤害（某人[某事物]）
*an event which has harmed relations between the two countries 危及两国关系的事件
* Were the hostages harmed? 人质受到伤害了没有?
2 (idm 习语) not harm/hurt a fly => fly1.
1. We regard them as unnecessary creatures that do more harm than good. 我们把昆虫当作害多益少的无用东西。
2. While human cloning might not offer great benefits to humanity, no one has yet made a convincing case that it would do any real harm, either. 虽然克隆人类可能不会给人类带来很大的好处，但也没有人能提供有力的例证证明它会带来真正的危害。
3. They intended no harm. 他们没有恶意。
4. The answer, like that of two centuries earlier, was no, since again volunteer drinkers came to no harm. 答案如同两个世纪前一样是否定的，因为它们对自愿饮用者还是没有任何损害。
5. The smoke of one small fire causes no harm to the environment. Natural cleaning processes can clean the particles of smoke from the air. 小火带来的烟不会危害环境，因为自然净化作用会将空气中的烟尘清除。
6. Humboldt said that if the farmers drank it without coming to any harm, so could they. 洪堡说，如果农民喝这种水没有问题，他们也能喝。
7. A mosquito will do harm to your health. 蚊子对人身体有害。
8. Anyhow, no harm has been done. I will get it back tonight. 不过也没关系，今晚我就可以拿回来。
9. Moreover, unlike some of the other insect eaters, spiders never do the least harm to us or our belongings. 此外，蜘蛛不同于其他食虫动物，它们丝毫不危害我们和我们的财物。
10. We regarded them as unnecessary creatures that do more harm than good. 我们把它们看作不需要的、害多利少的生物。