n.地狱,苦境,阴间,地狱中的人,训斥 vi.狂饮,飞驰 int.该死!
动词过去式:helled 过去分词:helled 现在分词:helling 第三人称单数:hells
1 [sing] (without a or the 不与a或the连用) place believed in some religions to be the home of devils and of wicked people after death 地狱.
2 [U, C] state or place of great suffering or wickedness; very unpleasant experience 苦痛的境况; 受苦受难的地方; 极不愉快的经历
*suffer hell on earth 受人间地狱之苦
* She made his life
(a) hell. 她使他活受罪.
* The journey was absolute hell. 一路上吃尽了苦头.
3 [U] (infml 口) (used as an exclamation of annoyance or surprise or for emphasis 用作感叹词, 表示恼怒或惊讶, 或用以加强语气)
*Oh hell, I've broken it! 啊, 真倒霉, 我把它弄坏了!
* Bloody hell! 真该死!
* Oh go to hell! 见鬼去吧!
* Who the hell is he? 他究竟是谁?
* What the hell (ie It doesn't matter), I can go tomorrow instead. 没关系, 我可以改在明天去.
4 (idm 习语) a/one hell of a... (also ahelluva/ 5helEvE; `hZlEvE/) (sl 俚)
(a) (used for emphasis用以加强语气)
*one hell of a row, ie a dreadful row 大吵大闹.
(b) very 非常
*It's a hell of a long way. 路远极了.
* He's a helluva (nice) guy. 他是个呱呱叫的（好）人. all `hell broke/was let loose suddenly there was great noise and confusion 突然之间闹翻天. beat/knock hell out of sb/sth (infml 口) hit sb/sth very hard 猛击某人[某物]. a cat in hell's chance => cat1. for the `hell of it (infml 口) just for fun 仅为取乐
*steal a car for the hell of it 为了好玩而偷汽车. give sb `hell (infml 口) scold, punish or harass sb 申斥、惩罚或骚扰某人
*The boss really gave me hell today. 老板今天着实数落了我一通.
* This tooth is giving me hell, ie is very painful. 我这颗牙很疼. hell for `leather as quickly as possible 尽快地
*drive, ride, run, etc hell for leather 尽快地驾驶、骑、跑等. (come) ,hell or high `water no matter what the difficulties 不管有什么困难. like a bat out of hell => bat1. like `hell
(a) (infml 口) (used for emphasis 用以加强语气)
*drive like hell, ie very fast 飞快地驾驶.
(b) (sl ironic 俚, 反语) (used before a clause 用于从句前) not at all 绝不
*`You can pay.' `Like hell I will (ie I certainly will not)!' ｀你可以给钱的.＇｀我才不给呢! not have a hope in hell => hope n. play hell with sth/sb (infml 口) seriously upset sth/sb 给某事物[某人]造成极大麻烦
*That curry is playing hell with my insides! 我吃了咖喱食物, 肚子真不舒服! raise Cain/hell/the roof => raise. the road to hell is paved with good intentions => road. see sb (damned) in `hell first(infml 口) (used when emphatically rejecting a suggestion用于断然拒绝某项提议时)
*Lend him money? I'll see him in hell first. 把钱借给他? 绝对不行. there will be/was `hell to pay (infml 口) sb will be/was punished severely 某人将受到[受到了]严惩
*There'll be hell to pay if we're caught. 我们要是被抓住就有罪受了. to hell with sb/sth damn sb/sth 某人[某事物]该死
*To hell with the lot of you, I'll do what I please! 你们全都见鬼去吧, 我爱怎么着就怎么着!
Sarah Mitchell (née Johnston) (born 1982) is an Australian politician. She has been a National Party of Australia member of the New South Wales Legislative Council since March 2011.
1. What the ruddy hell are you doing? 你到底在搞什麽鬼?
2. The pain of breaking his arm was hell. 断臂给她带来极大的痛苦。
3. The "examination hell （地狱）" imposed on children is widely criticized in Japan. 压在孩子们身上的"考试地狱"在日本受到了广泛的谴责。
4. Hell, yes, I would! 还用说吗？我当然会！
5. Most women wear shoes that fit poorly, usually ones that are too small, which adds pain to high-heel hell (痛苦). 大多数女人穿的鞋子都不合脚，通常是鞋子太小，这就增加了穿高跟鞋引起的疼痛。
6. But the means of escape from holiday hell(if the beach proves too crowded, the local weather too inclement) are there, outside----or, as likely, part of----the tent. 而且也是逃离假日地狱（如海滩太挤，当地天气恶劣）方便工具，因为汽车就停在帐篷外面，或者汽车本身可能就是露营帐篷的一个组成部分。
7. I don't want to be responsible for condemning my mother to a living hell." 我不愿担当硬让自己的母亲生活在地狱里的责任。"