副词:hesitatingly 名词:hesitater 动词过去式:hesitated 过去分词:hesitated 现在分词:hesitating 第三人称单数:hesitates
here＝to stick（粘着） 变化型 hes
1 [I, Ipr] ~ (at/about/over sth) be slow to speak or act because one feels uncertain or unwilling; pause in doubt 犹豫; 踌躇; 迟疑; （因有疑虑而）停顿
*She replied without hesitating. 她毫不犹豫地作了回答.
* She hesitated before replying. 她犹豫了一下才回答.
* He's still hesitating about joining/over whether to join the expedition. 他对是否参加考察队仍拿不定主意.
* He hesitates at nothing. 他从不优柔寡断.
* I'd hesitate before accepting such an offer. 我得先斟酌一下, 才能决定是否接受这样的提议.
2 [It] be reluctant 不情愿
*I hesitate to spend so much money on clothes. 我舍不得把这么多钱花在穿衣服上.
* Don't hesitate to tell us if you have a problem. 你有问题就直截了当地告诉我们.
[Date: 1600-1700; Language: Latin;Origin: , past participle of haesitare 'to stick firmly, hesitate', from haerere 'to stick']
to pause before saying or doing something because you are nervous or not sure
Kay hesitated for a moment and then said 'yes'.
He was still hesitating over whether to leave or not.
don't hesitate to do sth
used to tell someone that it is correct or right for them to do something and they do not have to worry about offending anyone
Don't hesitate to contact me if you need any more information.
1. “If I do not answer the door, they will enter anyway. The door is unlocked. And they will not hesitate to shoot.” "即使我不应门，他们还是会进来。门没锁，而且他们会毫不犹豫地开枪。"
2. In fact, he made it very clear when we were discussing marriage that if I had any doubts about anything, I should not hesitate to cancel our plans." 事实上，当我们在讨论结婚的时候，他清楚地表明了这样一点：如果我对任何事情有怀疑, 我完全可以取消我们的计划。"