动词过去式:hid 过去分词:hidden/hid 现在分词:hiding 第三人称单数:hides
v (pt hid / hId; hId/, pp hidden / 5hIdn; `hIdn/)
1 (a) [Tn, Tn.pr, Tn.p] prevent (sth/sb/oneself) from being seen; put or keep out of sight 隐藏（某事物[某人/自己]）; 隐蔽
*The sun was hidden by the clouds. 太阳被云遮住了.
* The trees hid the house from view.树木把房屋遮挡住了.
* He hid the gun in his pocket. 他把枪藏在衣袋里.
* She's hidden my book (away) somewhere. 她把我的书藏起来了.
(b) [I, Ipr, Ip] be or get out of sight; be or become concealed 躲藏; 隐匿
*Quick, run and hide! 快, 赶紧跑, 躲起来!
* The child was hiding behind the sofa. 那孩子藏在沙发後面了.
* (fig 比喻) She hid behind a false identity. 她以假身分作掩护.
* The wanted man hid (away) in the forest. 那受通缉的男子躲进了森林里.
2 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (from sb) prevent sth from being known; keep sth secret 隐瞒（某事物）; 掩盖（某事物）
*She tried to hide her feelings. 她尽力不使感情外露.
* The future is hidden from us.未来是我们难以预卜的.
* His words had a hidden meaning. 他话里有话.
3 (idm 习语) cover/hide a multitude of sins => multitude. hide one's ,light under a `bushel hide one's talents, abilities or good qualities because of modesty, etc 不展才; 不露锋芒.
n (Brit) (US blind) place where naturalists, hunters, etc can watch wild animals or birds without being seen by them 隐蔽观察处（博物学家、猎人等暗地观察野生鸟兽之处）.
1 [C] animal's skin, esp when bought and sold or used for making sth 兽皮; （尤指）皮革
*boots made of buffalo hide 水牛皮制的靴子.
2 [U] (infml joc 口, 谑) human skin 人的皮肤.
3 (idm 习语) have, etc a hide/skin like a rhinoceros => rhinoceros. neither hide nor `hair of sb/sth no trace of sb/sth 无某人[某物]的踪迹
*I've not seen hide nor hair of him all week. 我整星期连他的影子都没看见. save one's hide => save1. tan sb's hide => tan.
1. But how did you hide your illegal goods?" 但你的违法东西是怎么藏的？"
2. Workaholics, on the other hand, are often disorganized, always find reasons for working more, feel lost without work to do, hide from problems through work, 而工作狂们常常是缺乏条理, 总在寻找理由想做得更多些，没有工作可做时就感到不知所措，想通过工作来躲避问题。
3. When my father sent love letters to my mother, my grandmother would open and then hide them. 每当爸爸给妈妈寄来情书，外婆就把信拆开，然后将它们藏起来。
4. When she came to visit, I would hide my diary. 每当她来我们家时，我都会把日记藏起来。
5. They made no effort to hide their amusement whenever I produced a packet of sweets from my pocket. 每当我从口袋里拿出一包糖果时，他们就毫不掩饰地取笑我。
6. The machine was used in a cave near the seashore where----it is said----pirates used to hide gold. 在靠近海边的一个据说过去海盗常在里面藏金子的岩洞里，这种机器被派上了用场。
7. They made no effort to hide their amusement whenever I produced a packet of sweets from my pocket. 每当我从口袋里掏出一包糖果时，他们都毫不掩饰地表现出他们对此感到非常好笑。
8. The information probably goes into some computer, never to be removed; and while I have nothing to hide, the thought is unsettling. 这些信息很可能会存入某台电脑，永远也不会删除。虽然我没有什么东西可以隐瞒的，但一想到这些总让我感到不安。
9. Two years later, in 1915, this animal was sold for $100 and killed for meat, a hide, and a wall decoration made from its horns. 两年后，即1915年，此牛以100美元的价格出售，然后被宰杀取肉、剥皮，牛角制成了墙上的装饰品。
10. He could not hide his embarrassment. 他没法掩盖自己的窘态.