油炸小面包 烤碎面包块 油煎面包碎片
形容词:hostly 动词过去式:hosted 过去分词:hosted 现在分词:hosting 第三人称单数:hosts
1 ~ of sb/sth large number of people or things 大群, 众多, 许多（人或事物）
*He has hosts of friends. 他有很多朋友.
* I can't come, for a whole host of reasons. 由于种种原因, 我来不了.
2 (arch 古) army 军队.
1 (fem 阴性作 hostess / 5hEUstIs;`hostIs/) person who receives and entertains one or more other people as guests （待客的）主人
*I was away so my son acted as host. 我那时不在家, 所以由我的儿子招待客人.
* Mr and Mrs Hill are such good hosts. 希尔先生和夫人招待客人真周到.
* [attrib 作定语] the host nation, eg for an international conference, etc 东道国, 主办国（如主办召开国际会议等）.
2 (fem 阴性作 hostess) compere of a television programme, etc （电视节目等的）主持人
*Your host on tonight's show is Max Astor. 今晚表演节目的主持人是马克斯·阿斯特.
3 (dated or joc 旧或谑) landlord of an inn; publican 旅店老板; 酒店老板
*mine host 我住的旅店的老板.
4 animal or plant on which a parasite lives 寄主, 宿主（寄生物所寄生的动植物）
*[attrib 作定语] host organisms 寄主.
5 (idm 习语) be/play host to sb receive and entertain sb as a guest （作为主人）招待或款待某人
*The college is (playing) host to a group of visiting Russian scientists. 这所学院接待了一批来访的俄国科学家.
v [Tn] act as host at (an event) or to (a person) 主办或主持（某活动）; 作为主人招待（某人）
*Which country is hosting the Games this year? 今年的运动会由哪国主办?
* Hosting our show this evening is the lovely Gloria Monroe. 我们今晚的演出由美丽的格洛丽亚·门罗主持.
n the Host [sing] the bread that is blessed and eaten at Holy Communion （在圣餐中经祝祷而食用的）圣饼.
The Living Ghost is a 1942 American film directed by William Beaudine.
a technical name for the bread used in the service of Mass or Holy Communion
1. Even young students who plan on staying in the United States just long enough to finish two semesters of high school have difficulty finding a host family. 甚至那些计划在美国完成两个学期中学课程的年轻学生也很难找到接待家庭。
2. Every year the United States is host to an average of 78,000 foreign high school level students, of which 3,000 are Brazilian. 美国平均每年要接待78,000名中学学历程度的外国学生，其中3,000个来自巴西。
3. That evening (November 28, 1943) Roosevelt was host at a steak and baked potato dinner prepared by his Filipino mess boys. 那天晚上（1943年11月28日），罗斯福请吃晚餐，吃的是他的菲律宾厨师准备的牛排和烤马铃薯。
4. As host, Stalin welcomed his guests and then added: "Now let us get down to business." 作为东道主，斯大林欢迎他的客人们，然后说道：“现在让我们来讨论正事吧。”
5. American families, which host foreign students, are not paid, though they are allowed a small income tax deduction. 虽然可以减免一小部分所得税, 接待海外留学生的美国家庭是不向学生收钱的。
6. Mr.Johnson is the host the party is at his house. 约翰逊先生是主人--聚会在他的家里举行。
7. Medical records are used to make a whole host of decisions about you that aren't related to your health. 医疗档案被用来做出很多与你相关的决定，而这些决定却与你的健康无关。
8. One important regulation of the foreign study program has to do with the time, established by the host "parents", by which the teenagers must arrive home on weekend nights. 留学计划中有一条与时间有关的重要规定，这是由接待家庭的 "父母" 制定的。根据这条规定, 这些十几岁的孩子们在周末晚上必须回家。