n [U] work done in a house, eg cleaning and cooking 家务劳动（如打扫卫生和烹调食品）.
work that you do to take care of a house, for example washing, cleaning etc
→choredo (the) housework I spent all morning doing the housework. I don't like doing housework.
HINT sense 1
Do not say 'houseworks'. Housework
is an uncountable noun.
1. Washing machines make housework easier. 洗衣机减轻了家务劳动。
2. He always acts the martyr when he has to do the housework. 他一做家务事就装成舍生取义的样子.
3. Aunt Harriet lived in that leisurely age when servants were employed to do housework. 哈丽特姑母生活在那个雇用家仆操持家务的悠闲年代里。
4. Aunt Harriet lived in that leisurely age when servants were employed to do housework. 哈丽特生活在一个悠闲的年代，家务事都由雇来的佣人代劳。
5. Arriving from work, he might announce, "Wife, I am home!" And she, restraining the desire to complain about housework, would respond, "Husband, I am glad!" 丈夫下班回家会说，“老婆，我回来了。”而妻子呢，也会克制自己，从不因家务辛苦而向丈夫发牢骚，只说“我真高兴，老公！”
6. She does the housework. 她操持家务.
7. She was too excited to do any housework that morning, for in the evening she would be going to a fancy-dress party with her husband. 那天上午，她兴奋得什么家务活都不想做，因为晚上她要同丈夫一起参加一个化装舞会。
8. She does the housework. 她料理家务。
9. She is going to do housework for the families in the neighbourhood. 正准备去帮邻里各家做家务呢。
10. Later that morning, when I was doing the housework, my husband phoned me from the office. 那天下午的晚些时候，当我正做家务时，我丈夫从办公室打来电话。