1 [U] human beings collectively; the human race; people 人（总称）; 人类
*crimes against humanity 戕害人类罪. =>Usage at man1 用法见man1.
2 [U] being humane; kind-heartedness 人道; 仁慈
*treat people and animals with humanity 以仁慈之心对待人和动物.
3 [U] human nature; being human 人性.
4 humanities [pl] subjects of study concerned with human culture, esp literature, language, history and philosophy 人文学科（尤指文学、语言、历史和哲学）.
people in general We want a clean healthy environment for all humanity . crimes against humanity[U]
kindness, respect, and sympathy towards others
≠ inhumanity a man of deep humanity[U]
the state of being human rather than an animal or machinecommon/shared humanity We must never forget our common humanity.(the) humanities [plural]
subjects of study such as literature, history, or art, rather than science or mathematics
= (the) arts
1. While human cloning might not offer great benefits to humanity, no one has yet made a convincing case that it would do any real harm, either. 虽然克隆人类可能不会给人类带来很大的好处，但也没有人能提供有力的例证证明它会带来真正的危害。
2. The problem now facing humanity is: What is going to be done with all this knowledge? 现在人类所面临的问题是: 打算用这些知识干什么?
3. The problem now facing humanity is: What is going to be done with all this knowledge? 现在人类面临的问题是：用这些知识去做什么？
4. The same map, in combination with ancient human bones, confirms that Africa was the birthplace of humanity and thus the starting point of the original human movements. 结合对远古人骨的研究，这一图谱证实了非洲是人类的诞生地，因而也是人类迁移的始发地。
5. I remember feeling annoyed at this dense collection of humanity. 我仍记得那天挤在密集的人群中，心里很恼火。