名词:hurter 动词过去式:hurt 过去分词:hurt 现在分词:hurting 第三人称单数:hurts
v (pt, pp hurt)
1 (a) [I, Tn] cause physical injury or pain to (sb/oneself, a part of the body, an animal, etc) 使（某人[自己]、身体的某个部位、动物等）受伤或受肉体痛苦
*Did you hurt yourself? 你把自己弄伤了吗?
* Are you badly hurt? 你伤得厉害吗?
* She was more frightened than hurt. 她受惊较之受伤更为严重.
* He hurt his back when he fell. 他跌倒时背部受了伤.
(b) [I] feel or cause pain 感到或引起疼痛
*My leg hurts. 我腿疼.
* My shoes hurt; they're too tight. 我的鞋太紧, 穿着脚疼.
* It hurts when I move my leg. 我的腿一动就疼. =>Usage at wound1 用法见wound1.
2 [Tn] cause mental pain to (a person, his feelings); distress; upset 使（某人）精神痛苦; 伤（某人）心; 伤（感情）; 使烦恼
*These criticisms have hurt him/his pride deeply. 这些批评使他很伤心[使他的自尊心受到了伤害].
* It hurts/I am hurt not to have been invited. 没有邀请我, 我很不痛快.
* I hope we haven't offended him; he sounded rather hurt on the phone. 但愿我们没有得罪他, 他在电话里的声音像是受了委屈.
3 [Tn] have a bad effect on (sth); harm 对（某事物）有不良影响; 损害
*Sales of the product have been seriously hurt by the adverse publicity. 该产品受到了反面宣传, 销量大受影响.
4 (idm 习语) it, etc won't/wouldn't hurt (sb/sth) (to do sth) (esp ironic 尤作反语) it, etc will/would not cause harm or inconvenience 不会有什么害处或不便
*It won't hurt to postpone the meeting. 不妨把开会时间往後延.
* A bit of weeding wouldn't hurt (this garden). 有一点杂草（对这个花园来说）也无所谓.
* It wouldn't hurt (you) to say sorry for once. 说一声对不起（于你）没有什么不好. not harm/hurt a fly => fly1.
1 [U, sing] ~ (to sth) mental pain or suffering 精神上的痛苦或创伤
*The experience left me with a feeling of deep hurt. 这段经历给我心灵上留下了严重的创伤.
* It was a severe hurt to her pride. 这严重地伤害了她的自尊心.
2 [C] physical injury or pain 肉体 上的伤害或痛苦.
1. But I don't want to. These peaks and valleys, these mountain streams and enormous rocks hurt my eyes; they hurt my soul. 但是我不想看。这些山峰和峡谷、山中小溪和巨大岩石不但刺痛了我的眼睛，而且还刺痛了我的心。
2. The boys hurt themselves sliding downhill. 男孩子们滑下山时伤着了自己。
3. There is a deep hurt that I feel as a mother. 作为一个母亲，我感到深深的痛苦。
4. The loss of a job is rejection, resulting in the same hurt feelings as if a friend had told you to "bug off". 失去工作就是被人拒绝，它引发了像有一个朋友在叫你"快滚"时那样的伤心感觉。
5. The trend has hurt domestic rose growers such as Johnson Flowers of California, considered to be this country's leading producer. 这一趋势损害了国内的玫瑰种植商，例如被认为是美国玫瑰种植大户的加州的约翰逊花卉公司。
6. He was hurt by any allusion to his previous misconduct. 任何提及到他行为失检的话都会伤他的感情。
7. His gibes hurt his wife´s feelings. 他的奚落伤了他妻子的感情。
8. He hurt himself when he fell. 他跌倒的时候受了伤。
9. He had hurt his foot and had to hop along. 他的一只脚受了伤，只好单足跳行。
10. Her sarcastic remarks hurt the boy badly. 她讥讽的话严重地刺伤了那个男孩。