1 [usu attrib 通常作定语]
(a) of an empire or its ruler(s) 帝国的; 帝王的; 皇帝的
*the imperial palace, guards, servants 皇宫、皇家卫士、皇帝的侍从
* imperial power, trade 皇权、帝国的贸易.
(b) like or characteristic of such rulers; majestic 至高无上的; 帝王般的; 威严的
*with imperial generosity 宽宏大量地.
2 [attrib 作定语] belonging to a legal non-metric system of weights and measures formerly used in the United Kingdom for all goods and still used for certain goods 英制的（非公制的度量衡制, 旧时用于所有物品, 现仍用于某些物品）
*an imperial pint, gallon, pound, etc 英制品脱、加仑、磅等.
adj [only before noun]
1300-1400; Language: French;Origin:Late Latin
imperialis, from Latin
imperium 'command, empire'
relating to an empire
or to the person who rules it Britain's imperial expansion in the 19th century a major imperial power
relating to the system of weights and measurements based on pounds, inches
, miles etc
1. There is always a long corridor in imperial gardens in China. 在中国的皇家园林里经常有长廊。
2. This was the Vasa, royal flagship of the great imperial fleet. 这就是"瓦萨"号, 帝国大舰队的皇家旗舰.
3. The imperial garden was ruined during the war. 御花园在战争中被毁。
4. This was the Vasa, royal flagship of the great imperial fleet. 这就是"瓦萨"号，帝国大舰的皇家旗舰。
5. "Now name the members of the Imperial Russian Family." “说出俄帝国皇室成员的名字。”