1 (native or inhabitant) of the Republic of India 印度共和国的（土著或居民）; 印度的; 印度人.
2 = American Indian (American)
*an Indian ceremony, encampment 印第安人的仪式、营地.
3 (idm 习语) Indian/single file => file3. an ,Indian `summer
(a) period of calm dry sunny weather in late autumn 小阳春, 秋老虎（深秋时平和、乾燥、阳光充足的天气）.
(b) (fig 比喻) period of late success or improvement 迟来的成功或改进时期.
1. But studying my textbooks late at night in the library of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), I would dream, not of India, but of America, the land of opportunity. 但是, 当我深夜在印度技术学院的图书馆里啃着书本的时候，我脑子经常想的不是印度，而是美国这个机会之国。
2. Full to bursting from yet another home-cooked South Indian dinner. 又是一顿自家做的南印度风味晚饭，把我们都撑坏了。
3. The eloquent and ornate carving on a church pulpit was done by Indian hands. 教堂讲台上生动而华丽的雕刻是印第安人的手笔。
4. Tea is an Indian export. 茶叶是印度的出口商品。
5. These are called the Atlantic, Pacific, and Indian oceans. 它们叫做大西洋, 太平洋和印度洋.
6. The first of the two ships to reach Java after the race had begun was the Thermopylae, but on the Indian Ocean, the Cutty Sark took lead. 比赛开始后，"赛姆皮雷"号率先抵达爪哇岛。但在印度洋上，"卡萨萨克"号驶到了前面。
7. The snake, however, continued to ´dance´ slowly. It obviously could not tell the difference between Indian music and jazz! 然而那蛇却还是缓慢地"舞动"着。显然，它分辨不出印度音乐和爵士乐！
8. All Indian tribes suffered from white settlement in America. 所有印第安人部落都因白人移居美洲而遭殃。
9. And Chinese, Korean, Filipino and Indian engineers are graduating in droves from California´s colleges. 中国、韩国、菲律宾和印度的工程师一批批地从加州的大学毕业。
10. A Chinese is an Asian, a Japanese is an Asian, and an Indian is an Asian. 中国人是亚洲人，日本人是亚洲人，印度人是亚洲人，