n [U] ~ (to sb/sth) state of being indifferent; absence of interest, feeling or reaction 漠不关心; 冷淡; 无兴趣、感觉或反应
*He treated my request with indifference. 他对我的请求置若罔闻.
* It's a matter of complete indifference to me, ie I do not care about it. 这件事对我来说完全无所谓.
* her indifference to their appeals 她对他们的请求所抱的漠不关心的态度.
lack of interest or concern
his apparent indifference to material luxuries
Whether you stay or leave is a matter of total indifference to me (=I do not care) .
1. The boy´s indifference to his shoolwork was a trouble to his parents. 这孩子不重视学校功课对他父母来说是个麻烦事。
2. The third major trend is toward an attitude of indifference. 第三个势头是人们的态度变得越来越无动于衷。
3. After a while, I shrink into a silent indifference, and I don't want to look at the landscape anymore; 过了一会儿，我蜷缩成一团，一声不吭，对什么都不感兴趣，我再也不想看窗外那些景色了。