divid＝to divide（分割） 变化型 divis
1 [attrib 作定语] (esp after each 尤用于each之後) single; separate 单独的; 个别的
*Each individual person is responsible for his own arrangements. 每人均须对自己的计画负责.
2 [usu attrib 通常作定语]
(a) of or for one person 一个人的; 供一个人用的
*food served in individual portions 按一人一份儿供给的食物
* It is difficult for a teacher to give individual attention to children in a large class. 教师在人数多的班上很难对各个学生都照顾到.
(b) by or from one person 靠个人的; 来自个人的
*an individual effort, contribution, etc 个人的努力、贡献等. Cf 参看 collective.
3 [usu attrib 通常作定语] characteristic of a single person, animal, plant or thing; particular （人、动植物或事物）独特的, 特有的
*an individual style of dress 个人的衣着风格
* (approv 褒) He writes in a very individual way, ie an original way, not derived or imitative 他的写作方法别具一格（有独创方式, 不沿袭或模仿他人）.
1 single human being 个人
*the rights of an/the individual compared with those of society as a whole 针对社会整体权利而言的个人权利.
2 (infml 口) person of the specified sort 有某种特点的人
*a pleasant, unpleasant, etc individual 和蔼可亲的、讨人厌的...人
* What a strange individual! 多怪的家伙!
3 (approv or derog 褒或贬) unusual or eccentric person 不寻常的或古怪的人
*He's quite an individual! 他是个十足的怪人!
1. In short, the individual in conflict with himself and his frontier environment. 总之，主人公是一个自相矛盾，又与他的拓荒环境相矛盾的人物。
2. When I began learning English, I thought all I had to do was to memorize individual words. 当初学英语时，我以为记住单词就大功告成了。
3. Wilmut knew that each cell of the body contains a full set of genetic instructions — instructions to grow a complete individual. 威尔莫特知道，身体的每一个细胞都含有一整套基因指令——长成一个完整个体的指令。
4. Least one arena, the conflict between the individual and encroaching civilization. 但神话与现实至少在一个竞技场上, 即个人与渐渐渗入的文明的冲突确实并存着.
5. Traditional custom, taken the world over, is a mass of detailed behaviour more astonishing than what any one person can ever evolve in individual actions, no matter how aberrant. 从世界范围来看，传统风俗是由许多细节性的习惯行为组成，它比任何一个养成的行为都更加引人注目，不管个人行为多么异常。
6. The life history of the individual is first and foremost an accommodation to the patterns and standards traditionally handed down in his community. 个人的生活史首先是适应他的社团世代相传形成的生活方式和准则。
7. That would surely be true if a cloned individual were treated as a lesser being, with fewer rights or lower status. 假如克隆的人被当作一种次等动物，权利小，地位低，事实就会的确如此。
8. The most exciting results came from those working on the biology of individual differences. 研究个体生理差异的科学家带来了最令人兴奋的结果。
9. Knowledge began to increase as soon as the thoughts of one individual could be communicated to another by means of speech. 人一旦能用语言同别人交流思想，知识的积累便开始了。
10. He showed that the average individual´s sleep cycle is punctuated with peculiar bursts of eye-movements, 他指出，平常人的睡眠周期中不时伴有一阵阵奇怪的眼球队活动，