1 [attrib 作定语] of or engaged in industry 工业的; 产业的; 从事工业的
*industrial workers 产业工人
* industrial development 工业发展.
2 for use in industry 用于工业的
3 having many well-developedindustries 工业发达的
*an industrial country, society, etc 工业发达的国家、社会等
* the industrial areas of England 英格兰的工业地区.
relating to industry or the people working in it
Industrial production has risen by 0.5% since November.
rapid post-war industrial development
(=disagreement between workers and their employers)
Last year 1.3 million workers took part in industrial disputes.
(=happening at work)
having many industries
a meeting of the world's major industrial nations
pollution in industrial areas
By 1900 Britain was a mainly industrial society .
of the type used in industry
cleaning products that are for industrial use only (=not to be used at home)
1. By installing optical fiber, digital switches, and the latest wireless transmission systems, a parade of urban centers and industrial zones from Beijing to Budapest are stepping directly into the Information Age. 由于安装了光纤电缆、数字转换器和最新的无线传输系统，从北京到布达佩斯的一系列城区和工业区正在直接跨入信息时代。
2. The Moon is likely to become the industrial hub of the Solar System, supplying the rocket fuels for its ships, easily obtainable from the lunar rocks in the form of liquid oxygen. 月球很可能成为太阳系的工业中心。从月球上的岩石中很容易提炼出液态氧，作为航天飞船的燃料。
3. The anger and frustration displayed by people who do not understand what is happening to them will be a terrible and dangerous force in all the major industrial economies. 那些不理解正在他们的身上发生着的事情的人们所表现出来的愤怒和失望将成为所有主要工业国家中的一股可怕和危险的力量。
4. Nature´s symphonic world was drowned by man´s industrial cacophony. 大自然的和声世界被人类的工业噪音淹没了。
5. However, in the absence of plausible alternative explanations for the gloomy economic news of the past 15 — 20 years and the gloomier prospects implicit in the projections of those trends, industrial societies — fearful for the future — might very we 然而, 由于对过去15-20年里令人感到沮丧的经济新闻和对那些趋势的反映中暗含的更为令人感到沮丧的前景没能作出其他令人信服的解释，工业社会因为害怕未来很可能会要采取倒退措施。
6. And don't just blame industrial societies. 不要只是谴责工业社会。
7. So this is a very pregnant moment, not only for the future of America, but also for all of the mature industrial economies and, ultimately, for the world at large. 因此这是个至关重要的时刻，这不仅仅对美国的未来、而且对所有成熟的工业化国家，并且最终对整个世界来说都是至关重要的。
8. Manchester is an industrial city. 曼彻斯特是一工业城市。
9. Suggested an idea on which he had been working for many years to the British Government and industrial circles. 他向英国政府和工业界提出了他研究多年的一项计划。
10. Sewage disposal into the sources themselves, leakage of sewage into distribution systems or contamination with industrial or farm waste. 污水排入水源，污水渗入给水系统或工农业污水造成污染。