spec,spect＝to see,to look（看见）
1 [U] inspecting or being inspected 检查; 视察
*On inspection (ie When inspected) the notes proved to be forgeries. 经检查发现钞票是伪造的.
* after inspection (of the factory) for signs of inefficiency 视察（工厂）有无效率低的迹象之後.
2 [C] instance of this 检查; 视察
*carry out frequent inspections 进行经常性检查.
n [U and C]
an official visit to a building or organization to check that everything is satisfactory and that rules are being obeyed
regular inspections of the prison
An inspection was carried out at the school.
tour of inspection
(=an official visit to inspect something)
a careful examination of something to find out more about it or to check for anything wrong
Copies of the documents are available for inspection (=people can look at them) at local libraries.
(on) close/closer inspection
(=when looked at in detail)
However, on closer inspection, a number of problems emerged.
Close inspection of the plane's engines revealed several small defects.
1. Before the day of the Before the day of the inspection, his friends were satisfied. 视察的前一天, 他的朋友们都感到很满意.
2. There is nothing secretive about the Ombudsman´s work, for his correspondence is open to public inspection. 国会司法专员的工作没有什么不可公开的，因为他的来信函件是可以受公众检查的。
3. There is nothing secretive about the Ombudsman´s work, for his correspondence is open to public inspection. 司法特派员的工作没有什么秘密可言，他的信件是公开的，供公众监督。
4. Or fumbling to find you ticket for inspection. 要不然就为查票摸索你的车票。