1 (of looks, attention, etc) full of eager interest and concentration （指神情、注意力等）专心的, 渴望的, 热切的
*watch with an intent gaze, look, expression, etc 以专心致志的目光、样子、神情等看着.
2 [pred 作表语] ~ on/upon sth/doing sth
(a) having the stated firm intention 热中; 坚决
*He's intent on getting promotion, and no one's going to stop him! 他一心一意想得到晋升, 谁也劝阻不了他.
(b) occupied in doing sth with great concentration 专心; 专注
*I was so intent (up)on my work that I didn't notice the time. 我专心工作, 没有留意时间.
1 [U] ~ (to do sth) (esp law 尤用于法律) intention; purpose 意图; 意向; 目的
*act with criminal intent 带犯罪意图行事
* fire a weapon with intent to kill 蓄意开枪杀人
* arrest sb for loitering with intent, ie for apparently intending to commit a crime 因某人闲荡有犯罪意图而予扣留.
2 (idm 习语) to all intents (and purposes) in all important respects; virtually 在一切重要方面; 实际上
*Although there was still a faint heartbeat, he was to all intents and purposes dead. 他虽然仍有隐隐心搏, 但从身体各方面看已经死亡.
1. The rhetorical intent is clearest in the question about Nazis. 其修辞意图在有关纳粹分子的问题上表现得最为清楚。
2. Too much eye contact, especially if it is forced, can work against you. If you stare at a person, or leer (斜视) in a suspicious (怀疑的) way, the other person may feel uncomfortable and even suspicious about your intent (意图). 目光接触过多，特别是如果这些接触很勉强的话，会产生不利于你的效果。假如你盯住一个人看，或是用怀疑的目光斜视，对方也许会感到不舒服，甚至会怀疑你的意图。
3. He was intent on his books. 他在专心读书。