名词:interviewee 动词过去式:interviewed 过去分词:interviewed 现在分词:interviewing 第三人称单数:interviews 形容词:interviewable
n ~ (with sb)
1 meeting at which sb (eg sb applying for a job) is asked questions to find out if he is suitable 面试; 面谈
*a job interview 招聘面试
* I've got an interview with National Chemicals. 我已获全国化学制品公司邀约面试.
* Applicants will be called for interview in due course. 申请者将于适当时候获邀约面谈.
* [attrib 作定语] an interview panel 面试小组.
2 meeting at which a reporter, etc asks sb questions in order to find out his views （记者等的）采访, 交谈, 晤谈
*a TV interview 电视采访
* I never give interviews. 我从不接受采访.
* In an exclusive interview with David Frost, the former president made many revelations. 前总裁在接受戴维·弗罗斯特独家采访时透露了不少内幕情况.
3 meeting between two people to discuss important matters, usu rather formally （两人之间）会谈, 晤谈, 商谈, 面谈
*a careers interview 职业前途面谈
* I asked for an interview with my boss to discuss my future. 我请求和老板谈谈我的未来.
1 [I, Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sb (for sth) conduct an interview with sb (eg a job applicant) 对某人进行面试或面谈（如对求职者）
*I'm interviewing all this afternoon. 今天整个下午我都要进行面试.
* interview a number of candidates 对一些候选人进行面谈
* We interviewed
20 people for the job. 为这份工作我们对20人进行了面试.
2 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sb (about sth) (of a reporter, etc) ask sb questions in an interview （指记者等）采访, 访问
*interview the Prime Minister (about government policy) （就政府政策）采访首相.
1. Each time you go to a job interview and give them your best and they hire someone else, you go another round with yourself and your self-worth. 每次去求职面试，你都把你主要的优点陈述给他们听，可他们雇佣的却总是别人。你只好带着你自己和你的自尊开始另一轮的求职。
2. Two years after her successful job interview, the former waitress is now a successful magazine editor. 在成功地通过那次工作面试两年后，这位昔日的女服务员现在成了一位成功的杂志编辑。
3. Think about some of your most unforgettable meetings: an introduction to your future spouse, a job interview, an encounter with a stranger. 想想那些让你最为难忘的会面：被介绍给你未来的妻子或丈夫，一次求职面试，与陌生人的一次邂逅。
4. He dreaded the interview with Mrs. Fox. 他惧怕与福克斯夫人会见。
5. "We were geared up for a very high level of operations," John Forsgren, the company's chief financial officer said in a telephone interview. "我们已为充分的运作做好了准备，"公司的财务总管约翰·佛斯格伦在电话采访中说。
6. May I beg for an interview? 我可以求见吗？
7. The first trip to the employment agency, the first friend you tell, the first interview and, most fearful of all, the first trip to the unemployment (失业) office. 第一次到职业介绍所去，第一个听你说你已失了业的朋友，第一次求职面试，最可怕的是第一次到失业办公室去。
8. In the only interview he has given since his arrest a year ago, Mr. Williams discussed his motives for the crime with a London newspaper: 自一年前被捕以来，威廉斯先生仅接受过一次采访。采访中，他对伦敦一家报纸谈到了自己的犯罪动机：