n.出版,发行,(报刊等)期、号,论点,问题,结果,(水,血等的)流出 vi.发行,流出,造成...结果,进行辩护,传下 vt.使流出,放出,发行(钞票等),发布(命令),出版(书等)发给 [律]子女,后嗣
名词:issuer 形容词:issueless 动词过去式:issued 过去分词:issued 现在分词:issuing 第三人称单数:issues
/'ɪʃu:, 'ɪsju:; `ɪʃu/
1 (a) [U] outgoing; outflow 放出; 发出; 流出
*the place/point of issue 发出地[点].
(b) [sing] instance of flowing out 放出; 发出; 流出
*an issue of blood, eg from a wound 流血（如自伤口流出）.
2 (a) [U] supply and distribution of items for use or sale 发出; 分发
*buy new stamps on the day of issue 于邮票发行日购买新邮票
* the issue of rifles and ammunition to troops 发给部队枪枝弹药
* the issue of a new edition of this dictionary 这部词典的新版本的出版.
(b) [C] number, quantity or set of items supplied and distributed at one time 一次发出、分发的数量或一套
*a special issue of stamps/ banknotes/ shares 特别发行的邮票[钞票/股票]
* emergency issues of blankets to refugees 向难民紧急发放的毛毯.
(c) [C] one of a regular series of publications （出版物的）期号
*the July issue, eg of a magazine 七月号（如杂志的）.
3 [sing] (fml 文) result or outcome 结果; 结局
*await the issue 等待结果
* bring a campaign to a successful issue 使一活动获得良好结果.
4 [C] important topic for discussion; point in question 重要的议题; 争论点; 争端
*a vital, political, topical, etc issue 重大的、政治的、时事的...问题
* debate an issue 辩论一问题
* raise a new issue 提出新议题
* evade/avoid the issue 回避该问题
* confuse the issue 混淆该问题.
5 [U] (law 律) children considered as part of one's family 子女; 子孙
*die without issue, ie childless 身故无後.
6 (idm 习语) (the matter, point, etc) at issue (the matter, point, etc) being discussed or debated 讨论或争议中的（问题、争论点等）
*What's at issue here is the whole future of the industry. 争论的焦点是这个行业总的前景. force the issue => force2. make an issue (out) of sth treat (a minor matter) as if it needed serious discussion like a major matter （像对待大事一样）处理（小事）
*It's only a small disagreement, let's not make an issue of it. 那仅仅是个小小的分歧--咱们别小题大作了. take issue with sb (about/ on/ over sth) proceed to disagree or argue with sb (about sth) （就某事）向某人提出异议或与某人争论.
v (fml 文)
1 [Ipr, Ip] ~ from sth; ~ out/forth (from sth) come, go or flow out 出来; 出去; 流出
*blood issuing from a wound 从伤口流出的血
* smoke issuing (forth) from a chimney 从烟囱中冒出的烟.
2 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (to sb)/sb with sth supply or distribute sth to sb for use 将某物发给、供给或分配给某人使用
*issue visas to foreign visitors 给外国游客签证
* issue warm clothing to the survivors 给幸存者分发御寒衣物
* issue them with warm clothing 发给他们御寒衣物.
3 [Tn] publish (books, articles, etc) or put into circulation (stamps, banknotes, shares, etc) 出版或发表（书、文章等）; 发行（邮票、钞票、股票等）.
4 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (to sb) send sth out; make sth known 发出; 颁布; 公布
*issue orders, instructions, etc 发布命令、指示等
* The minister issued a statement to the press. 部长向新闻界发表声明.
5 [Ipr] ~ from sth (fml 文) result or be derived from sth 由某事物得出或产生.
1. The issue was not primarily a political one. 这问题根本不是政治问题。
2. This refusal to consider the issue logically makes it hard for even trained scientists and other experts to see the matter clearly. 这种拒绝对此问题作理性思考的行为，甚至使训练有素的科学家和其他专家也难以看清这件事的实质。
3. The U.S. has no such law, but President Clinton has set up a panel of scientists and philosophers to study the issue. 美国虽然还没有这样的法律，但克林顿总统已经建立了一个由科学家和哲学家共同组成的小组来研究这个问题。
4. The issue of where it will be held can greatly multiply the amount of time required to reach a settlement." 案子将在何处受理的问题有可能大大增加达成协议所需的时间。"
5. "The key issue is costs," said one financial expert. "关键的问题是成本，"一位财务专家说。
6. Some insurance companies issue medical history cards of customers, who need them to get medicine. 有些保险公司发行了客户的医疗记录卡，客户凭这些卡才能就医。
7. Please issue everyone with a pencil. 请给每人发一支铅笔。
8. Gail sometimes wondered why I and other blacks were so involved with the racial issue, and I was surprised that she seemed to forget the subtler forms of racial hatred in American society. 盖尔有时不明白为何我和其他黑人如此热衷于种族问题，她好像忘记了美国社会中种族仇恨更加微妙的表现形式，这一点令我感到惊讶。
9. Can you enlighten me on this issue? 你能否在这个问题上指点我一番?
10. Ultimately, however, the real issue is why we are so afraid of wrinkles in the first place. 但是，从根本上说，真正的问题首先是我们究竟为何那么害怕皱纹。