n.喷射,黑玉 v.喷射 adj.黑玉色的,墨黑的 喷气机
动词过去式:jetted 过去分词:jetted 现在分词:jetting 第三人称单数:jets 名词:jetful
1 (also jet aircraft) aircraft powered by a jet engine 喷气式飞机
*The accident happened as the jet was about to take off. 喷气式飞机正要起飞时出了事故.
* travel by jet 乘喷气式飞机
* [attrib 作定语] a jet fighter, airliner, etc 喷气式战斗机、班机等
* the age of jet travel 乘喷气机的时代.
2 (a) strong narrow stream of gas, liquid, steam or flame, forced out of a small opening 喷射
*The pipe burst and jets of water shot across the kitchen. 管子破了, 水从厨房的这边喷到那边.
(b) narrow opening from which this comes 喷嘴; 喷射口
*clean the gas jets on the cooker 把煤气炉的喷嘴弄乾净.
1 [I, Ipr, Ip] (infml 口) travel by jet airliner 乘喷气式飞机
*politicians who constantly jet around the world 乘喷气式飞机往来于世界各地的政治家.
2 (phr v) jet (sth) from/out of sth; jet (sth) out (cause sth to) come out in a jet or jets （使某物）喷出
*Flames jetted out (of the nozzles). 火焰（从喷嘴中）喷出来了.
n [U] hard black mineral that can be polished brightly and is used for jewellery 煤玉, 黑玉（黑色矿物, 质硬, 可抛光用作饰物）.
1. Even the boom that happens when the jet breaks the sound barrier went unnoticed. 也察觉不到飞机冲破声障时发出的隆隆声。
2. If you think what it must be like to share the deck of a ship with several squadrons of jet aircraft, 因此，如果你能想像出和几个中队的喷气机同在一个甲板上是什么滋味儿的话，
3. The laser jet printer is out of order. 这台激光打印机不能正常工作了。
4. The laser jet printer is out of order. 这台激光打印机不能正常工作了。
5. The jet roared down the cement surface, slamming me against the seat. 飞机沿着水泥地面呼啸着，猛地把我压向椅背。
6. The jet twisted, turned, rolled, climbed and dived, constantly whipping me from one side to the other. 飞机不停地旋转、拐弯、翻滚、爬升和俯冲，不停地把我从一边甩到另一边。
7. As I struggled to get comfortable, my pilot, Major Patrick Hamilton, came aboard and started programming the jet's computers. 在我设法坐得舒服些时，驾驶员帕特里克·汉密尔顿少校上了飞机，开始给飞机电脑编程。
8. Our engine roared to life, the powerful jet turbines making enough noise to waken the dead. 引擎轰鸣着发动起来，强大的涡轮机发出的声音可以把死人吵醒。
9. I climbed into the back-seat of the world's hottest jet fighter, the F-16. 我登上世界上最新式的喷气式战斗机F-16的后座，