名词复数:journeys 名词:journeyer 动词过去式:journeyed 过去分词:journeyed 现在分词:journeying 第三人称单数:journeys
n (pl ~s)
(a) (distance covered in) travelling, usu by land, from one place to another, often far away 行走, 行驶, 旅行（通常指经陆路）; 旅程; 路程
*Did you have a good journey? 你一路上顺利吗?
* go on a long train journey 乘火车出远门
* break one's journey, ie interrupt it by stopping briefly at a place 途中在某地作短暂停留
* the journey from Edinburgh to London 由爱丁堡到伦敦的路程
* (fig 比喻) our great journey through life 我们一生的漫长道路.
(b) time taken in going from one place to another 从一地到另一地所用的时间
*It's a day's journey by car. 乘汽车得用一天的时间.
v [Ipr, Ip] go on a journey; travel 行走; 行驶; 旅行; 游历
*journeying overland across North America 横越北美大陆.
NOTE ON USAGE 用法
*Journey may indicate a long distance or a short one travelled regularly *journey可指经常走过的或长或短的距离
*`How long is your journey to work?' ｀你上班要走多长的路?＇ `Only about
15 minutes.' ｀也就走15分钟左右.＇ A voyage is a long journey by sea or in space. *voyage是经海路或空间的长途行程. The word travels [pl] suggests a fairly long period of travelling from place to place, especially abroad, for pleasure or interest. *travels（复数）一词指时间稍长的各处旅行, 尤指出国旅游. It is often used with a possessive adjective 这一词常与所有格的形容词连用
*She's gone off on her travels again. 她又去旅游了. Travel is an uncountable noun indicating the action of travelling *travel是指行走、行驶或旅行的不可数名词
*Travel broadens the mind. 旅行能使人见多识广. A tour is a (short or long) journey for pleasure, spent visiting several places *tour是为游玩而到几个地方观光的（长途或短途）旅行
*They're going on a world tour. 他们正在环球旅行. A trip and (more formal) an excursion are short journeys and visits from and returning to a particular place. *trip和（较文雅的）excursion是指短期的旅程和观光, 从某地出发再回到该地. Excursion suggests a group of people travelling together *excursion指一起出行的一群人
*During our holiday in Venice we went on a few trips/excursions to places near by. 我们在威尼斯度假时曾到附近的几个地方观光过.
1. It requires 97 per cent less energy to travel the quarter of a million miles from the Moon to Earth-orbit than the 200 mile-journey from Earth´s surface into orbit! 因此，从月球到地球的25万英里所消耗的能量要比从地球表面进入地球轨道的200英里所耗能量少97%。
2. Why people are prepared to tolerate a four-hour journey each day for the dubious privilege of living in the country is beyond me. 人们为什么情愿每天在路上奔波4个小时去换取值得怀疑的乡间的优点，我是无法理解的。
3. The greater part of the journey is spend on narrow, bumpy roads which are crowded with traffic. 大部分旅程常常要消靡在狭窄、坎坷不平而且车辆拥挤的道路上。
4. The journey will take fully three days. 旅程足足要用三天时间。
5. Those who seek it undertake an arduous journey and can never be sure that they will find it. 那些寻求正义的人走的是一条崎岖的道路，从来没有把握他们最终将到正义。
6. The journey is so smooth that there is nothing to prevent you from reading or sleeping. 旅途平稳，丝毫不妨碍你阅读或睡眠。
7. Thousands of lanterns slowly drift out to sea guiding the dead on their return journey to the other world. 成千上万只灯笼慢慢漂向大海，指引着亡灵返回另一个世界。
8. Today the work goes on, for at any moment disaster may strike somewhere, and the Red Cross must be ready to journey to the ends of the earth, if necessary, and bring relief. 如今，红十字会的工作仍在照常进行，因为随时都可能出现灾情，一旦需要，红十字会将奔赴天涯海角，提供救援。
9. The light we see coming from some far-off stars started on its journey more than a hundred years ago. 我们看到的一些远处星星的光就是在一百多年前发出的。
10. The whole journey of the moon round the earth takes twenty-eight days. 月亮绕地球旋转一周需要二十八天。