n.法官,审判员,裁判员,鉴赏家,鉴定人,(J-)最高的审判者 vt.审理,鉴定,判断,判决,断定,认为 vi.下判断,作评价
动词过去式:judged 过去分词:judged 现在分词:judging 第三人称单数:judges
1 public officer with authority to decide cases in a lawcourt 审判官; 法官
*a High Court judge 高等法院的法官
* The case came before Judge Cooper last week. 该案上周呈交库珀法官审理.
* The judge found him guilty and sentenced him to five years, iein gaol. 法官判决他有罪, 入狱五年. Cf 参看 magistrate.2 person who decides who has won a competition, contest, etc 裁判员; 仲裁人; 评判员
*a panel of judges at the flower show 花卉展览的评判小组
* (in the rules of many competitions) The judges' decision is final, ie it cannot be changed or challenged. 裁判的决定即是最终决定（不容更改或不得提出异议）.
3 person qualified and able to give an opinion on the value or merits of sth 鉴赏家; 鉴定家
*a good judge of art, wine, character 善于鉴别艺术、酒、人的个性的人
* I thought that the third violinist was the best player not that I'm any judge, ie I do not know much about the subject. 我认为第三小提琴手演奏得最好--虽然我并不是行家.
4 (idm 习语) sober as a judge => sober.
1 [I, Ipr, Tn, Tn.pr, Tf no passive 不用于被动语态, Tw no passive 不用于被动语态, Cn.a, Cn.t] ~ (sb/sth) by/from sth form an opinion about (sb/sth); estimate (the value, amount, etc of sth); consider 判断（某人[某事物]）; 断定（某事物的价值、数量等）; 认为
*As far as I can judge, they are all toblame. 据我判断, 他们都有责任.
* to judge by appearances从外貌来看
* Judging from previous experience, he will be late. 根据以往的经验来看, 他得迟到.
* It is difficult to judge the full extent of the damage. 很难断定损失有多大.
* The performance was good, when judged by their usual standards. 按他们平时的水平衡量, 这次演出不错.
* He judged that it was time to open the proceedings. 他认为是开始的时候了.
* I find it hard to judge how the election will go, ie who will win. 我觉得很难说谁会在选举中获胜.
* The committee judged it advisable to postpone the meeting. 委员会认为会议应该延期举行.
* I judged him to be about 50. 我看他有50岁.
2 [I, Tn]
(a) decide (a case) in a lawcourt; make a decision about (sb) in a lawcourt; try1(3a) 审理（案件）; 判处（某人）; 审判
*judge fairly, harshly, leniently, etc 判得公正、严厉、宽大等
* judge a murder case 审理谋杀案.
(b) speak critically and harshly about (sb) 批评, 抨击（某人）
*You're no better than they are
*who are you to judge other people? 你不比他们强, 凭什么指责别人?
3 [Tn] decide the result or winner in (a competition) 评判, 裁判（竞赛）
*The flower show was judged by the local MP. 花卉展览由当地的下议院议员担任评判.
1. Was the judge too severe on the thief? 这个法官对小偷是不是太严厉了?
2. It cannot judge distances, depths. Later, for its personal safety and practical needs, it has to develop (partly by means of touch) the ability to judge roughly three-dimensonal distances. 不会判断距离和深度。慢慢地，由于自身安全和实际需要，儿童必须发展（部分通过触觉）粗略判断三维空间距离的能力。
3. The judge annulled the contract because one of the signers was too young . 由于签署人中有一位年纪太轻，法官宣告这个合同无效。
4. The judge condemned the criminal to ten years in jail. 法官判处罪犯十年徒刑。
5. The powers of a judge are defined by law. 法官的权力是由法律规定的.
6. The judge dons the black cap. 法官戴着黑帽子.
7. The judge did not know what to do with the obdurate criminal. 法官不知道如何对付这个顽固的罪犯。
8. They probed his past career to judge his qualifications. 他们探求他过去的职业，以评断他的资格。
9. The mother supplicated the judge to spare her son. 母亲恳求法官宽恕她的儿子。
10. The pleasantest was to get a good meal at some expensive restaurant, and then, after saying that he could not pay, be quietly arrested by a policeman and sent to prison by the judge. 而最令人愉快的方法莫过于在一家昂贵的餐馆里美餐一顿，然后因付不出钱让警察抓起来。以后，法官自会把他送进监狱。