n (idm 习语) for safe keeping => safe1. in sb's keeping in sb's care or custody 在某人处保管; 受某人监护
*I'll leave the keys in your keeping. 我把钥匙交你保管. in/out of keeping (with sth) in/not in conformity or harmony 一致[不一致]; 协调[不协调]
*a development wholly in keeping with what we expected 与我们预期完全相符的发展
* That tie is not quite in keeping. 那条领带不十分协调. in safe keeping => safe1.
nin keeping (with sth)
matching something or suitable in a particular situation In keeping with tradition, everyone wore black.out of keeping (with sth)
not matching something or not suitable in a particular situation The cheerful cover of the book is out of keeping with the sad story told inside it.in sb's keeping
being looked after or guarded by someone
1. Bruce went into a low gear and drove at a terrifying speed, keeping the front wheels astride the crack as he followed its zigzag course. 布鲁斯挂上慢档，把两只前轮分别搁在裂缝的两边，顺着弯弯曲曲的裂缝，以发疯的速度向前开去。
2. By keeping their pupils working unnecessarily long at some little part of the subject, they often weaken their interest in learning the language. 让学生们在一些细小的方面花去过多的时间反复练习，这往往会减弱他们学习语言的兴趣。
3. We´re keeping in very good health. 我们身体非常好。
4. While two detectives were keeping guard at the door, two others opened the parcel. 这时两个侦探把住门口，另外两个侦探打开了包裹。
5. With computer-assisted check-out, keeping items of one kind together is no longer necessary. 有了电脑辅助的收款方式，这一点已无关紧要。
6. They´re very diligent in keeping records. 他们做记录十分认真.
7. To improve this habitual way of standing or sitting, start by keeping your hands away from your mouth, and keep your arms uncrossed. 要改变这种习惯性的站姿或坐姿，你应该一开始就别用手捂着你的嘴，并且别再把双臂交叉起来。
8. The indoors was full of loved ones keeping the kettle warm till they came home. 而家里则自有亲人们备好了热茶，等着他们回家。
9. Not only are the means of arriving at the holiday paradise entirely within one´s own command and keeping, 完全在自己掌握之中的私人汽车不仅是到达假日天堂的工具，
10. Keeping spontaneity is very important. 保持自然是很重要的.