动词过去式:kneed 过去分词:kneed 现在分词:kneeing 第三人称单数:knees
1 (a) joint between the thigh and lower part of the human leg; corresponding joint in animals 膝; 膝盖. =>illus at human 见human插图.
(b) upper surface of a sitting person's thigh （人坐着时）大腿的朝上的面
*sit on my knee 坐在我的腿上
* You'll have to eat your dinner off your knees, I'm afraid! 对不起, 这顿饭你只好把餐具放在腿上吃了!
2 part of a garment covering the knee （裤子等的）膝部
*These trousers are torn at the knee. 这裤子的膝部破了.
3 (idm 习语) be/go (down) on one's `knees kneel or be kneeling (down), esp when praying or to show that one accepts defeat 跪下, 跪着（尤指祈祷或屈服时）. the bee's knees => bee1. bring sb to his `knees force sb to submit 迫使某人屈服
*(fig 比喻) The country was almost brought to its knees by the long strike. 经长期罢工, 国家已濒临崩溃的边缘. on bended knee => bend1. weak at the knees => weak.
v (pt, pp kneed) [Tn, Tn.pr, Cn.a] strike or push with the knee 用膝盖顶或撞
*knee sb (in the groin) 用膝盖顶某人（的阴部）
* knee the door open 用膝盖把门撞开.
1. The cat curled up on my knee. 小猫在我膝上蜷作一团。
2. The blood had congealed round the cut on her knee. 血液在她的膝盖伤口周围凝固了.
3. A karate black belt chopped my knee when I sparred with him. 我和一个空手道黑带对打时,他砍了我膝盖.
4. One of them was holding an old spelling book on his knee; and they all looked sadly at the master. 有个人还在膝上放着一本旧拼写书。他们个个都忧郁地望着老师。
5. I knelt on one knee over him. 我单膝跪在他旁边。
6. I twisted the bandage round her knee. 我用绷带缠住了她的膝盖.