名词复数:knives 名词:knifer 动词过去式:knifed 过去分词:knifed 现在分词:knifing 第三人称单数:knifes
n (pl knives / naIvz; naIvz/)
1 sharp blade with a handle, used for cutting or as a weapon 刀
*a `table-knife 餐刀
* a `carving-knife 切熟肉的刀
* a `paper-knife 裁纸刀
* He'd been stabbed four times with a kitchen knife. 有人用菜刀捅了他四刀.
2 cutting blade in a machine or tool （机器或工具的）刀.
3 (idm 习语) you could ,cut it with a `knife (infml 口) it was very obvious or heavy 很明显; 很突出; 浓重
*His accent is so thick you could cut it with a knife I can hardly understand a word he says. 他的口音很重--我简直一个字都听不懂. get one's knife into sb/have one's knife in sb try to harm sb spitefully (not usu physically) 欲加害某人（通常指非肉体的伤害）. like a knife through butter easily; without meeting any resistance or difficulty 容易; 遇不到抵抗或困难
*The power saw sliced the logs like a knife through butter. 电锯轻而易举就把原木锯成薄板了.
* His strong voice cut through the hum of conversation like a knife through butter. 他那宏亮 有力的声音一下子压倒了嗡嗡的谈话声. under the `knife (dated or joc 旧或谑) having surgery 在动手术.
v [Tn, Tn.pr] cut or stab (sb) with a knife 用刀切割或刺（某人）
*The victim had been knifed (in the chest). 受害人（于胸部）中刀.
The fascine knife was a side arm / tool issued to 17th to 19th century light infantry and artillery. It served both as a personal weapon and as a tool for cutting fascines (bundles of sticks used to strengthen the sides of trenches or earth ramparts protecting the batteries).
1. Bits of broken glass, lengths of string, a key to a door long since decayed away, a rusty knife-blade, old shoes saved for a road that never was and never will be, a nail bent under the weight of things too heavy for any nail, a dried flower or two s 碎玻璃块；小线头儿；一扇早已朽败的门上的钥匙；一把锈蚀的刀；一双为某条从来没有、将来也不会有的路而准备的旧鞋；一颗弯折的钉，它所承受过的重量足以弄折任何钉子；一两支干花，仍散发出几许花香。
2. When street gangs substitute for families and schoolyard insults end in knife attacks, 当街头团伙取代了家庭环境，当校园辱骂导致了械斗，
3. This knife is blunt. 这把刀钝。
4. The boy was cutting a branch of a tree with his knife to make a cane. 这个小男孩正在用一把小刀削一根树枝, 想做根手杖.
5. The knife penetrated his stomach. 刀刺进了他的腹部.
6. This stone acts as a knife-sharpener. 这块石头被用作磨刀石。
7. They have access to knife-resistant coats and gloves. 他们也有了防利器的上衣、手套。
8. He ripped the letter open with a knife. 他用刀子一下子把信裁开了。
9. A knife is an instrument which cuts. 刀是切东西的工具。
10. And she was slicing so quickly, seemingly not paying attention to her sharp chopping knife, that I was afraid the tips of her fingers would become one of the ingredients of the purple vegetable and pork dish. 她切得很快，好像一点也不注意她手中那把锋利的切菜刀，我真害怕她的手指尖也会成为紫色蔬菜烧猪肉这门菜肴中的佐料。