adj [usu attrib 通常作定语]
1 showing or suggesting that one has information which is secret or not known to others （对别人不知道的秘密）知悉的, 心照不宣的
*a knowing look, glance, expression, etc 显出了解内情的样子、眼光、表情等.
2 shrewd; cunning 世故的; 狡猾的
*She's a bit too knowing for me to feel relaxed with her. 她很有点世故, 和她相处我觉得不自在.
adj [only before noun]
showing that you know all about something, even if it has not been discussed directly
He gave us a knowing look .
She exchanged a knowing smile with her mother.
1. Basically, most students leave knowing they will have to do without their accustomed parental protection and learn to take care of themselves. 事实上，大多数学生在离家时，都知道他们将在没有原来所习惯了的父母照顾的情况下自己生活, 学会自己照料自己。
2. When you go shopping on Saturday, you just take the money in your hand without knowing exactly what you´re going to do with it and when you come back it´s all gone and there´s next to nothing to show for it." 星期六上街买东西时，你只是手里拿着钱，却不知道究竟怎么花手里的钱。而且回家时所有钱都花完了，却看不到你买回了些什么。”
3. Without knowing, people can upset nature's recycling system. 人们就是在不知不觉中扰乱了大自然的水循环系统。
4. Working hard involves being organized, focused, getting a lot of work done, knowing when to stop, and having a life other than work. 努力工作是指工作有条有理、精力集中，完成许多工作，知道何时歇手，知道除了工作还有生活。
5. The tidy committee men regard them with horror, knowing that no pigeonholes can be found for them. 有条不紊的委员们怀着恐惧看着他们, 因为他们知道无法使这些人归巢就范.
6. The streets were filled with the dead and barely living. She kept on running, knowing only that she had to be home. 街上到处都是死人和奄奄一息的人，她不停地跑着，只知道自己必须回家。
7. Not knowing what to say, I say nothing. 我不知道说什么好，所以什么也没说。
8. Not only did I enjoy the show, but I didn't mind the actors knowing that I liked it. 我不仅喜欢在那儿看人们来来往往，也不在乎让那些人知道我喜欢看，
9. Knowing something of everything, and everything of something. 通百艺而专一长。
10. Knowing that the industrious ant lives in a highly organized society does nothing to prevent us from being filled with revulsion 即使知道勤奋的蚂蚁生活具有高度组织性的社会里，我们也无法抑制对它们的反感。