n.缺乏,短缺的东西 vt.缺乏,没有,需要 vi.缺乏,没有
动词过去式:lacked 过去分词:lacked 现在分词:lacking 第三人称单数:lacks
1 [Tn no passive 不用于被动语态] be without (sth); have less than enough of 没有（某事物）; 缺乏; 缺少; 不足
*lack creativity, self-discipline, courage 缺乏创造性、自制力、勇气
* They lacked the money to send him to university. 他们没钱送他上大学.
* What he lacks in experience he makes up for in enthusiasm. 他热心工作以弥补其经验的不足.
2 [Ipr no passive 不用于被动语态] ~ for sth (fml 文) need sth 需耍某事物
*They lacked for nothing, ie had everything they wanted. 他们无所需求（已应有尽有）.
3 (idm 习语) be `lacking not be available when needed 不敷所需
*Money for the project is still lacking. 进行这个项目的钱还没有着落. be lacking in sth not have enough of sth 不足; 不够
*be lacking in warmth, courage, strength 缺乏温暖、勇气、力气
* The film was lacking in pace. 这部影片不紧凑. have/lack the courage of one's convictions => courage.
n [U, sing] absence or shortage (of sth that is needed) （所需事物的）缺乏, 短缺
*a lack of care, money, water 缺乏关心、金钱、水
* The project had to be abandoned for (ie because of) lack of funds. 工程因资金匮乏只得放弃.
1. Elsewhere we encountered ribbing, imitating, lack of trust, and rude stares. 在所有其他地方, 我们遭遇到了嘲笑戏弄、学我们的模样、不信任及无礼的目光。
2. Be honest and open about who you really are. People who lack genuine core values rely on external factors — their looks or status — in order to feel good about themselves. 要诚实坦白地表现真正的自我。缺乏实实在在内涵的人会去依靠外部因素——如长相或地位——来保持良好的自我感觉。
3. But most wonder if it's worth it given their respective lack of affection for each other. 但大多数人都心存疑惑：既然两岸互缺钟爱之情，修此隧道是否值得？
4. Benbow says she was surprised that the talented girls should lack this pattern of response. 班博说，天资好的女孩居然没有这种反应模式，这使她很吃惊。
5. The man accused of stealing the money was acquitted for lack of witnesses . 那人因偷钱被起诉，但因缺乏目击者被宣告无罪。
6. The project foundered as a result of lack of finance. 该项目因缺乏资金而告吹.
7. lack of physical and mental energy, both of which are essential in turning out and throwing away, and sentiment. 一是体力，精力均告不佳，这二者是清除无用的东西必不可少的因素；另一原因是感情因素。
8. The youngsters frequently show their lack of practice at such things. They take along unnecessary items. 这些小青年在做这类事的时候常常显得缺乏实践经验。他们带了许多不必要的东西。
9. The lack of green space is now recognized and understood as a problem. 现在人们已承认并意识到缺少绿色空间是一个问题。
10. They can also show a lack of patience, displeasure, or judgment — any of which would prevent people from opening up. 交叉双臂还会向人暗示你缺乏耐心、心中不快，或者正在判断别人，其任何一点都会阻止别人向你畅开胸怀。