1 act of coming or bringing to land 登陆; 着陆
*during the Queen's landing from the Royal Yacht 在女王从皇家游艇上下来时
* Because of engine trouble the plane had to make an emergency landing, ie come to land suddenly to avoid further danger or damage. 由于发动机出现故障, 飞机不得不紧急着陆.
* She slipped and fell, but had a soft landing on some cushions. 她滑倒了, 好在是跌在一些垫子上了.
2 (also `landing-place) place where people and goods may be landed from a boat or ship （船只）卸货处, 登陆处
*There is no safe landing on that coast. 那一带海岸没有安全的登陆处.
* a convenient landing-place in a nearby sheltered cove 附近避风雨的小海湾里一个便于卸货的地方.
3 level area at the top of a flight of stairs, or between one flight and another 楼梯平台
*Your room opens off the top landing. 你的房门朝向顶层楼梯平台. =>illus at stair 见stair插图.
n [U and C]
the action of bringing an aircraft down to the ground after being in the air
≠ take-off take-off and landing procedurescrash/emergency landing
(=a sudden landing caused by a problem with the engine etc) the Apollo moon landings
the floor at the top of a set of stairs or between two sets of stairs the first-floor landing[C]
the action of bringing soldiers onto land that is controlled by the enemy the first landings of American Marines at Da Nang[C]
a landing stage
1. There is no safe landing on that coast. 那一带海岸没有安全的登陆处.
2. The mood of the people on the landing had quite changed by now, and they were muttering with anger. 站在楼梯平台上的人们的情绪现在已经有了很大的改变，他们都气愤地嘀咕着。
3. After landing at the Gale Morghe Airport, about five miles south of Teheran, we drove into town along a road which, as we arrived at the city limits, was lined with people. 在德黑兰以南约5英里的加尔莫尔盖机场降落后，我们驱车沿着公路进入城镇。当我们进入市区时，公路两旁站满了人。
4. She washed the dishes and the soiled linen, she took down the refuse to the street every morning, and brought up the water, stopping at each landing to get her breath. 她要洗锅刷碗，洗脏衣服，每天早上还把垃圾送到街上，再把水提上楼，在每段台阶都要停下来稍做喘息。
5. She turned away and started to walk through the crowd, and with a last smile at his constituents, the M.P. made his way after her, ignoring the angry glances that met him on every landing. 她转过身开始穿过人群，议员给了选区的人们最后一次微笑，也跟着夫人开路了，并避开每层楼梯上一张张愤怒的面孔。
6. But we were afraid that the strength of the current would prevent its landing anywhere before it became exhausted. 但我们担心，洪水力量将使它上岸之前就筋疲力尽了。
7. I hired a car the day after landing and bought a comprehensive book of maps, 我下飞机后租了一辆车，并买了一本详尽的地图册。