1. Education is one of the key words of our time. 教育是我们这个时代的关键词之一。
2. English words, it seemed to me, had exact equivalents in Chinese, and so, to express one´s ideas in English, it was just a matter of putting the words together according to the rules of grammar. 我以为汉语中对每个英语单词都有准确的对应词，要用英语表达思想，只需根据语法规则把英语单词组合起来。
3. Business English is simply a set of English vocabulary words; it is not,as some seem to think, a language unto itself. 商用英文只是一组英文字汇,它并不是如一些人所想,本身自成一种语言.
4. But these terms have always been just words, affecting someone else's world, like a passing ambulance. 但是这些字眼一直只不过是些字眼而已，就像一辆驶过的救护车，影响的只是别人的世界,
5. But while the Internet primarily moves words, the information superhighway will soon make routine the electronic transmission of data in other formats, such as audio files and images. 但是，互联网主要是传送文字，而信息高速公路不久将使其他形式的电子数据传送（如声音资料和图像的传送）成为常规。
6. What were his actual words? 他到底是怎麽说的?
7. Words like ´and´ , ´but´ , ´because´are conjunctions. 象‘and’,‘but’,‘because’这样一类词是连接词。
8. Words represent ideas or things. 说话代表思想或事务。
9. Words are the signs of ideas. 语言是思想的符号。
10. Is as the proportion of the total vocabulary of his mother tongue against those words of his own baby talk that are taken up into the vernacular of his family. 就好像他本国语言的总词汇量和自己咿呀学语时他家庭所接纳的他的词汇量之比。