1. Ever since, people have had difficulty in deciding whether the craft should be ranged among ships, planes, or land vehicles----for it is something in between a boat and an aircraft. 自那以后，人们很难决定是否应该将这种运载工具列为轮船、飞机，或是陆上交通工具，因为它是介于船和飞机之间。
2. Edwin Land, one of America's most productive inventors, claimed the idea leading to his invention of the Polaroid camera came from his three-year-old daughter. 美国最具创造力的发明家之一埃德温·兰德说，使他产生发明宝丽来相机这一想法的是他三岁的女儿。
3. Bleached bones lay on the hot sands of the desert . 白骨躺在炎热的沙漠中。
4. By working at tremendous speed, the men managed to get the dish on to dry land before the wave returned. 工人们动作迅速，终于赶在那股大浪返回之前把盘子拽到了岸上。
5. But there were times when not a single piece of dry wood could be found and even Humboldt lay with his eyes wide open, listening to the roars of the beasts that surrounded them. 但也有一块干木也找不到的时候，就连洪堡也睁大了眼睛躺在那里，听着包围他们的野兽的吼叫。
6. But studying my textbooks late at night in the library of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), I would dream, not of India, but of America, the land of opportunity. 但是, 当我深夜在印度技术学院的图书馆里啃着书本的时候，我脑子经常想的不是印度，而是美国这个机会之国。
7. But there is a problem for people with free time in a tightly packed country where land is dear: 但是在一个人口拥挤，土地昂贵的国家，有了闲暇的人们却遇到了这样一个问题：
8. Watching the first man land on the moon, we beheld a sighy never seen before by man . 看那踏上月球的第一人，我们看到了人类所未见的景象。
9. When they passed the place where the dead boy lay, each soldier saluted. 当他们路过停放着男孩尸体的地方时, 每个士兵都向他敬礼.
10. We lay on the beach, saturated in sunshine. 我们躺在沙滩上, 沐浴在阳光里.