n.倾斜,倾斜度,倚靠,倾向 adj.瘦的,贫乏的,歉收的 vi.倚靠,倾斜,依赖,倾向,偏向 vt.使倾斜
名词:leanness 副词:leanly 形容词比较级:leaner 最高级:leanest 动词过去式:leaned 过去分词:leaned 现在分词:leaning 第三人称单数:leans
adj (-er, -est)
1 (of people and animals) without much flesh; thin and healthy （指人或动物）瘦的
*a lean athletic body 瘦而矫健的身体.
2 (of meat) containing little or no fat （指肉）脂肪少的, 无脂肪的
*lean beef 瘦牛肉.
3 [esp attrib 尤作定语]
(a) small in amount or quality; meagre 少量的; 质量低的; 贫乏的
*a lean diet, harvest 量少的饮食、收获.
(b) (of a period of time) not productive （指一段时间）产量低的
*lean years 歉岁
* a lean season for good films 好影片不多的一段时期.
n [U] lean part of meat 瘦肉
*a lot of fat but not much lean 肥肉多瘦肉少.
v (pt, pp leant / lent; lZnt/ or leaned /li:nd; lind/) =>Usage at dream2 用法见dream2.
1 [I, Ipr, Ip] be in a sloping position; bend 倾斜; 弯曲; 屈身
*lean out of the window, back in one's chair, over to one side, etc 探身窗外、仰靠椅背、俯向一侧等
* Just lean forward for a moment, please. 请稍稍向前弓一下身.
2 [Ipr] ~ against/(up)on sth rest on sth in a sloping position for support 倚靠在某物上
*a ladder leaning against the wall 倚着墙的梯子
* The old man leant upon his stick. 那个老先生拄着个手杖.
* lean on sb's arm, one's elbows, etc 靠在某人的手臂上、支撑在两肘上.
3 [Tn.pr] ~ sth against/on sth cause sth to rest against sth 使某物靠在另一物上
*The workmen leant their shovels against the fence and went to lunch. 那些工人把 铁 往篱笆上一靠就吃午饭去了.
4 (idm 习语) bend/lean over backwards => backwards (backward).
5 (phr v) lean on sb (infml 口 esp US) try to influence sb by threats 威胁或恐吓某人
*If they don't pay soon we'll have to lean on them a little. 要是他们不马上付款, 我们就得给他们加点压力了. lean (up)on sb/sth (for sth) depend on sb/sth 依靠某人[某事物]
*lean upon others for guidance 依靠别人的指导
* lean on his friends' advice （他）听信朋友们的意见. lean towards sth have a tendency towards sth 倾向
*He leans towards more lighthearted subjects in his later works. 他在後期的创作中倾向于比较轻松的主题.
1. Don´t lean on a reed. 不要依赖不可靠的人。
2. "The driver will lean over to the passenger-side window, you tell him where you want to go, then negotiate a price." "司机会俯身靠在乘客一端的窗口，你告诉他你要到哪里去，然后商量价钱。"
3. Often people will lean back with their hands over their mouth, chin, or behind their head in the "thinking" pose. 人们常常把双手放在嘴上、下巴上或者脑后，身体后倾，作“思考”状。
4. It's far better to lean forward a little in a relaxed and natural way. 而身体从容自然地稍向前倾，这种姿势就好多了。