n tendency; inclination 倾向; 爱好
*have a leaning towards socialism/have socialist leanings 有社会主义倾向.
a tendency to prefer or agree with a particular set of beliefs, opinions etc
= inclination his radical political leaningsleaning towards a leaning towards the Right
1. Then he stood leaning against the wall, unable to speak. 写完字，老师靠着墙站在那儿，说不出话来。
2. There she stayed, most of the afternoon, playing and singing and drinking from her bottle, sleeping at one point, leaning against my grandmother's leg. 大半个下午，她就待在那儿玩玩具，唱歌，从瓶子里喝水，有一会儿还枕着外婆的腿睡着了。
3. He was the man who climbed the Leaning Tower of Pisa and dropped various weights from the top, 他就是那个曾经爬上比萨斜塔，从塔顶向下抛掷积各种重物的人；
4. He had so little breath that, during his last years, he was always leaning on something. 去世前几年，他的呼吸已经很虚弱了，他总得倚靠着某个东西。
5. "Just beyond her a yellow-haired Scandinavian boy of about five is leaning forward, his face just below hers. "就在她旁边，有一位黄头发的斯堪的纳维亚男孩，大约五岁，身体往前倾，他的脸刚好在妇人的脸下面。
6. Since most people do not feel comfortable when they think they are being judged, this leaning-back position serves to prevent the speaker from continuing. 由于大多数人想到自己正受到他人评判会感到不舒服，因此这种身体后倾的姿势容易阻止说话者继续说下去。
7. Galileo lived in the city of Pisa, where there is a leaning tower about 180 feet high. 伽理略住在比萨城,那里有一座约180英尺高的斜塔.
8. Galileo lived in the city of Pisa, where there is a leaning tower about 180 feet high. 伽理略住在比萨城,那里有一座约180英尺高的斜塔.
9. Leaning (靠) forward a little while a person is talking shows your interest and shows you are listening to what the person is saying. 在别人说话时，你身体稍向前倾可以表明你的兴趣以及你在听他说话。