n.垃圾,(供动物睡眠或防冻用的)干草、树叶,(一)窝,轿,担架 vt.乱丢,铺草,弄乱 vi.产仔,乱丢垃圾
名词:litterer 动词过去式:littered 过去分词:littered 现在分词:littering 第三人称单数:litters
1 (a) [U] light rubbish (eg bits of paper, wrappings, bottles) left lying about, esp in a public place 乱扔的杂物（如纸屑、包装纸、瓶子）; （尤指在公共场所乱扔的）垃圾
*Please do not leave litter. 请勿乱扔垃圾.
(b) [sing] state of untidiness 杂乱; 凌乱
*Her desk was covered in a litter of books and papers. 她的书桌上都是乱七八糟的书和纸.
* His room was a litter of old clothes, dirty crockery and broken furniture. 他的屋子里到处都是旧衣物、脏陶器和破家具.
2 [U] straw, etc used as bedding for animals 动物铺窝的草等.
3 [CGp] all the young born to an animal at one time （一胎所生的）小动物, 一窝
*a litter of puppies 一窝小狗.
(a) type of stretcher(1) 担架.
(b) (formerly) couch carried on men's shoulders or by animals as a means of transport （旧时）轿, 舆.
1 [Tn, Tn.pr, Tn.p] ~ sth (up) (with sth) make (a place) untidy with scattered rubbish 乱扔垃圾使（某处）凌乱
*Newspapers littered the floor. 报纸扔了一地.
* He's always littering up the room with his old magazines. 他老是乱扔旧杂志, 弄得房间凌乱不堪.
2 [Tn, Tn.p] ~ sth (down) supply straw, etc as bedding for (an animal) 给（动物）的窝铺草等.
3 [I] (of animals) bring forth young （指动物）下崽, 产仔
*The sow's about to litter. 这母猪要下崽儿了.
1. There is always hope that in its labyrinth of musty, dark, disordered rooms a real rarity will be found amongst the piles of assorted junk that litter the floors. 人们还常常有希望在发霉、阴暗、杂乱无章、迷宫般的店堂里，从杂乱地摆放在地面上的、一堆堆各式各样的破烂货里找到一件稀世珍品。
2. The litter baskets were empty 废物筐是空的，
3. He is always hope to find something among the piles of assorted junk that litter the floors. 他总是希望在丢满一地板的各种各样的破烂货摊中找到一些东西。
4. ´Anyone who leaves litter in these woods will be prosecuted!´ "凡在此树林里丢弃垃圾者，将依法处置。
5. You mustn´t litter the floor. 不能往地板上乱扔东西。
6. Please do not leave litter. 请勿乱扔垃圾.
7. How many heath fires they cause; how much litter they leave; 即他们引起了多少场野火，留下了多少垃圾。
8. Litter baskets have been placed under the trees, 树下都已设置了废物筐，
9. It is antisocial to leave one´s litter in public places. 在公众场所遗弃杂物是妨害公众利益的.