n.负荷,重担,装载量,工作量,负载,加载 vt.装载,装填,使担负 vi.装货,装弹药,装料
动词过去式:loaded 过去分词:loaded 现在分词:loading 第三人称单数:loads
1 [C] thing that is being carried or to be carried, esp if heavy 负荷物, 载荷物（尤指沉重的）
*a load of sand 运载的一批沙子.
2 [C] (esp in compounds 尤用以构成复合词) quantity that can be carried, eg by a vehicle 运载的量
*coach-loads of tourists 一车车的游客
* a boat-load of survivors 一船生还的人.
(a) amount of work that a dynamo, a motor, an engine, etc is required to do （发电机、电动机、发动机等的）负载, 负荷.
(b) amount of electric current supplied by a dynamo or generating station （发电机或发电站的）发电量.
4 [C usu sing 通常作单数] (fig 比喻) weight of responsibility, worry, grief, etc （责任、忧虑、悲哀等的）沉重感
*a heavy load of guilt 沉重的负疚感.
5 loads (of sth) [pl] (infml 口) plenty (of sth) 大量; 许多
*loads of friends, money, time 很多朋友、金钱、时间
* `Have you got any change?' `Loads!' ｀你有零钱吗?＇｀有的是!＇
6 (idm 习语) be/take a ,load/,weight off sb's `mind => mind1. a ,load of (old) `rubbish, etc (infml 口) nonsense 胡说八道
*I've never heard such a load of garbage! 这么胡说八道我还从来没听说过! get a load of sb/sth (infml 口) take notice of sb/sth 注意某人[某事物]
*Get a load of that old bloke with the funny hat! 你瞧那戴怪帽子的家伙!
1 (a) [I, Ip, Tn, Tn.pr, Tn.p] ~ (up)/~ (up with sth); ~ sth/sb (down/up) (with sth); ~ sth (into/onto sth/sb) put a load in or on (sth/sb) 装载; 使（某事物[某人]）负荷
*We're still loading. 我们仍在装货.
* load a lorry (up) with bricks/load bricks onto a lorry 把砖装进卡车里
* loaded down with shopping 拿着很多买来的东西
* (fig 比喻) load sb with honours 给某人许多荣誉.
(b) [I] receive a load 接受负荷
*The boat is still loading. 船仍在上货.
2 [Tn esp passive 尤用于被动语态] weight (sth) with lead, etc 用铅等加重（某物）
*a loaded cane, stick, etc, ie for use as a weapon 加铅的手杖、棒等（用作武器）
* loaded dice, ie one weighted so as to fall in a certain way, eg with the six uppermost 灌铅色子（掷出後总以某面朝上, 如6点）.
3 (a) [I, Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (with sth) put film into (a camera) or ammunition into (a gun) 将胶卷装入（照相机）; 将弹药装入（枪炮）
*Be careful, that gun's loaded. 小心, 那枪是上了膛的.
(b) [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (into sth) place (film or ammunition) thus 装（胶卷或弹药）
*load a new film into the camera 把新胶卷装进照相机里.
4 [Tn] (computing 计) transfer (data or a program) from a storage medium into the memory of a computer 装入, 写入, 寄存（数据或程序）.
5 (idm 习语) load the dice (against sb) (usu passive 通常用于被动语态) put sb at a disadvantage 使某人处不利地位
*Having lost both his parents when he was a child he always felt that the dice were loaded against him. 他因自小失去双亲, 总觉得处处受人欺负.
A music download is the transferral of music from an Internet-facing computer or website to a user's local computer. This term encompasses both legal downloads and downloads of copyright material without permission or payment.
1. The lorry had a load of wood. 卡车上载的是木头。
2. The lorry had a load of wood. 卡车上载的是木头。
3. The exercise is great; the lifting gets easier with every load, even if my shoulder muscle is sore. 这可锻炼人哩，虽然肩部肌肉酸痛，可我扛垃圾桶越扛越得心应手了。
4. How can it be feasible to handle this load? 怎样才能处理好这么巨大的数额呢？
5. Dragging the load uphill was tough work for the horse. 拖货物上坡对马来说是很困难的工作。
6. A truck hauled the load away. 一辆卡车将货拉走。
7. So says Dr. Robert S. Eliot, author of a new book titled From Stress to Strength: How to Lighten Your Load and Save Your Life. He's a clinical professor of medicine at the University of Nebraska. 内布拉斯加大学的临床医学教授、新书《从压力到力量：怎样减轻你的负担并拯救你的生命》的作者罗伯特·S·埃利奥特博士就是这样说的。
8. "Can´t you see my back is about to break under the load?" “难道你看不到我的背都快要被压断了吗？”
9. I need your assistance with this heavy load. 我需要你帮我挑起这个重担。
10. It is a heavy load for an 11-year-old. 对于一个11岁的孩子来说，这样的负担太沉重了。