1 [C] place or position 地方; 位置
*a suitable location for new houses 适合建筑新房屋的地点.
2 [U] finding the position of sb/sth 发现、找出某人[某物]的位置或地点
*responsible for the location of the missing yacht 负责查明失踪游艇的下落.
3 [C] (computing 计) basic unit of a computer's memory, able to store a single item of data 存储单元.
4 (idm 习语) on location (cinema 影) being filmed in suitable surroundings instead of in a film studio 外景拍摄.
a particular place, especially in relation to other areas, buildings etc His apartment is in a really good location. its isolated geographical location[C]
the position of somethinglocation of The map shows the precise location of the crash.see usage noteposition1 [U and C]
a place away from a film studio
where scenes are filmed It was hard to find a suitable location for the desert scenes.on location Most of the movie was shot on location in Africa.[U]
the act of finding the position of something The main problem for engineers was the location of underground rivers in the area.
1. This echo-location in bats is often compared with radar,the principle of which is similar. 蝙蝠的回声定位常常可与雷达比较,其原理是一样的.
2. The film is being shot on location. 那部电影正在拍摄外景。
3. This echo-location in bats is often compared with radar, the principle of which is similar. 人们常把蝙蝠的这种回声定位与雷达相比较, 因为它们的原理是相似的.
4. This echo-location in bats is often compared with radar, the principle of which is similar. 蝙蝠这种回声定位常常可与雷达相比较，其原理是相似的。
5. There was a sudden drop in activity in the left side of the brain — the side most involved in language — and an exaggerated reaction on the right, the side strongest at thinking about the location of objects. 他们的左半脑 -- 与语言能力相关的那一半 -- 的活动急剧下降，而右半脑，擅长思考物体方位的那一半，却做出强烈的反应。
6. And we have only to turn to that extraordinary discovery of echo-location in bats to see a case in which the voice plays a strictly utilitarian role. 我们只要看一看蝙蝠回声定位这一极不寻常的发现，就可以探究一下声音在什么情况下有绝对的实用价值。
7. Extraordinary discovery of echo-location in bats to see a case in which the vioce plays a strictly utilitarian role. 我们只要从蝙蝠的回声定位这一项非凡的发明中, 就能看到声音起的纯粹实用作用的例子.
8. In a soon-to-be-published paper, Benbow reveals that the talented boys' brains appear to process information concerning the location of objects in a very different way from those of average boys and even of talented girls. 在即将发表的论文中，班博表明，天资好的男孩的脑子处理物体方位信息的过程好像与一般的男孩非常不同，甚至与天资好的女孩也不同。