1. Even as a child, the sight of exotic trees, foreign maps and descriptions of tropic zones had moved me to tears, for I had a longing for a homeland for my soul." 即使是童年时期，异样的树木、外国的地图、关于热带地区的描述，都使我激动得流泪，因为我热切期望着找到我灵魂的归宿。”
2. Between twelve and eighty years we gradually lose this power; 在12岁至80岁之间，我们逐渐丧失这种能力。
3. Byrd now knew that he would be able to reach the South Pole which was 300 miles away, for there were no more mountains in sight. 伯德这时知道他能够顺利飞抵300英里以外的南极了，因为前面再没有山了。
4. But the spider did not lose hope. 但是蜘蛛并没有灰心，
5. Who has not stood in awe at the sight of a spider pouncing on a fly, or a column of ants triumphantly bearing home an enormous dead beetle? 当看到蜘蛛扑向一只苍蝇时，一队蚂蚁抬着一只巨大的死甲虫凯旋归时，谁能不感到敬畏呢?
6. The sight of the place carried her back to her childhood. 这地方的景象使她想起了自己的童年时代。
7. The blow caused him to lose consciousness. 那一击打得他失去了知觉.
8. The animals were put to flight by the sight and sound of the hunters. 野兽一看到猎人或一听到他们的声音就逃跑。
9. There is often a progressive loss of sight in old age. 人到老年视力往往逐渐衰退。
10. The sight made me want to weep. 我见到这种情形真想痛哭一场.